Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Timothy Rowe
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Indiana on
Q: I just need an attorney on this car accident that hit the back of a semi and I was the passenger in the car is still wit
Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Feb 5, 2022

Were you injured in the accident? It is important you seek immediate medical treatment for all injuries in the crash. Even though you were a passenger, you can seek reasonable compensation which includes lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, medical bills, and the nature and... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Florida on
Q: I was rear ended and driver left the scene. I have been treated for back spasms. Do I have a case?

I do have a preliminary accident report on file. The sheriffs department has to investigate to locate the driver and vehicle in order to complete report

Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Sep 8, 2021

Yes you have an injury claim. Did you have uninsured motorist coverage on your vehicle? If you did, you can make a claim with your insurance company if the other driver is not located or the other driver is located and does not have insurance. If the other driver does have insurance, you make a... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Someone is trying to sue me and they hit me, and I need representation soon! The accident happened months ago.

I got word about the lawsuit months ago when they requested my phine records and heard nothing else until recently. Can someone please help?

Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Dec 15, 2020

If you have automobile insurance on the vehicle you were driving at the time of the accident and had liability coverage, the insurance company has a duty to defend the case and provide you legal representation. Contact your insurance company immediately. If you do not have insurance, you may want... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Florida on
Q: My attorney thinks my case is waste of time? Should be realistic of outcome???

Judgement in my favor a year n half ago but taxi company didnt have insurance and untouchable in florida?

Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Jun 19, 2020

If there is no insurance, it becomes very difficult to collect a judgment. It sounds like the taxi company had very little if any assets to satisfy a judgment. A Motion for Proceedings Supplemental can be filed to see what assets the company might have to satisfy a judgment. If there are assets or... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Florida on
Q: 2 years ago in Fl I was in a car accident. Wasn’t charged nor given a ticket. The other driver is now suing me.

No one was found at fault and it was wet and it wasn’t my fault. She’s trying to sue me for her deductible. I have no income other than 522 in SSI a month and food stamps, as I’m disabled and don’t work. She for some reason is trying to sue me for her damages even though i was never charged... Read more »

Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Apr 20, 2020

If you had insurance at the time of the accident, turn the case over to your insurance carrier and they have a duty to defend the case. If you have been sued, they will hire an attorney to handle the defense of the case. You should have no out of pocket expenses for this defense. It was a little... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Florida on
Q: We Were Fully Backed Out . I Put My Car In Drive And Before I Know It The Other Car Gassed It And Back Into Me.

Why Were We Both Citated Instead Of Him Being At Fault?

Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Mar 29, 2020

Unfortunately police reports are not always accurate, and the police officer's don't always get all the facts right. Sometimes they have to make judgments right or wrong on what happened, and who they believe as stories often conflict. If you feel you received a ticket in error, you can... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Indiana on
Q: Need advice about getting rear ended in indiana. Not enough characters here to explain every detail. Thanks

My friend was rear ended in indiana in 2017. The distracted lady apologized because her kids distracted her causing the accident and the lady's insurance paid my friends medical and car damage. When the police questioned the at fault lady, she claimed my friend was stopped at a green light,... Read more »

Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Feb 16, 2020

She needs to get a letter from her insurance company in writing showing she is not fault. She needs to get a copy to the BMV so her record is corrected. She also needs to keep the letter and also a copy of the police report to show she is not at fault for any new insurance company that gives her a... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Indiana on
Q: When should a torte case be on Justia after papers sent?
Timothy Rowe
Timothy Rowe answered on Feb 15, 2020

It is always a good idea to seek legal counsel immediately after an injury or accident to see what your legal rights and options are. It does not have to wait until litigation is initiated. Most consultations are free so it does not hurt to talk to an an attorney experienced in personal injury. The... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.