Ontario, CA asked in Employment Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: I need a CA. lawyer for EDD appeal. The former employer is saying I quit--I WAS FIRED-they won't provide cc of term ppwk

I have a text (w/date and timestamp) i sent to my boyfriend at the time of the firing saying "they fired me" (correct time of event IS verified by my former employer's own testimony).

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald Arthur Hilland
Donald Arthur Hilland
  • San Fernando, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: So I answered this question quite extensively. I told you what to do and how to do it. If you want to give me a call or an email, please do. I'm very good at these hearings. I know the law on Unemployment and most attorneys do not.

Look at the answers that were already posted regarding

1. I told you that unless you engaged in willful and wanton conduct like stole from them or used violence, that you could easily win and start collecting.

2. I told you how to write a letter under Labor Code 226 (c) and to send it right away so you get your personnel file back before the hearing.

3. There are many other things, but I can't put them all here. Email me or call me and I probably can help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.