Jamestown, CA asked in Divorce, DUI / DWI, Employment Law and Personal Injury for California

Q: Is it possible to over turn a DUI conviction?..like when they say you blew a .89 and your 5'11"@ 160..help pls

3 Lawyer Answers

Alexander Bakhache Perez

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Fullerton, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should contact a local attorney that handles DUI cases near your area to ask for a free consult and review the facts of your case. The case will depend on how the evidence was obtained and the details regarding the stop and arrest as well as review the procedure and evidence that is in your case (facts)

Talk to an attorney in more detail and call for an apt. Good Luck

William John Light

  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you've already been convicted, then you have had had a trial and a jury has found you guilty. You will need to file an appeal. Contact a criminal defense attorney to discuss in detail what happened and your potential rights.

Dale S. Gribow

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More info is needed to properly evaluate your case.

However, it is always a good idea to contact a local attorney that handles DUI cases for the court to which you are ordered to appear.

In other words, I am in Palm Springs and you don’t want to hire a Palm Springs lawyer for an Orange Co case.

Most DUI lawyers will offer a free consultation to review the facts. However, it sounds like you have pled or had a trial.

If so and it was recent you need to file an appeal. Discuss this with the lawyer who represented you on the case.

The case will depend on how the evidence was obtained and the details regarding the stop and arrest as well as a review of the facts of your case. If you are lighter and smaller that just means you should have consumed much less alcohol than a 6'5 football player.

Call a local attorney to discuss in more detail and request an appointment.

If you need help finding a good DUI lawyer please contact me at my number below. Good Luck

Dale Gribow

Attorney at Law

“TOP LAWYER” Palm Springs Life DUI

“TOP LAWYER” Inland Empire Magazine

73-061 El Paseo, Suite 220

Palm Desert, CA 92260

Office - 760-837-7500

Fax - 760 837-7502



Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.