Q: Are inspection warrants rqd. to contain the same elements as criminal warrants , ie., Seal, clrk stamp, 2b legal?

An inspection warrant was served upon my property. The probable cause was was due to noise complaints, per fire marshal. No evidence of existing health or safety violations, or noise citations. Accused of selling alcohol, w/out evidence. Warrant looked incomplete, no Seal, no clerk stamp, and areas to inspect vague at best. I live on 6 acres, & areas to inspect described as back and side yards. Yet, they went everywhere on my property. Passed my fenced back and side yards. What can I do to show the trespassed using illegal warrant and false affidavit?

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You will need a lawyer with experience in dealing with code enforcement issues with local governments.

Inspection warrants need to be issued by a judge on a showing of some probable cause to issue the warrant. You should have been given a copy of the warrant, which you can give to whatever lawyer you contact for assistance. You'll need to provide the lawyer with a statement of what happened along with a copy of the warrant that was used. You didn't mention whether you were cited with anything. Finally, any lawyer will want to know what damage you suffered as a result of what happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.