Q: What forms can I file for situation we’re the suspended broker and private lender have slandered title and retaliated

Complex the have combined law suit that the judge did not approve because it addresses the same property

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, if you're dealing with a situation where a suspended broker and a private lender have slandered the title and retaliated, there are several legal forms and actions you might consider. Firstly, for addressing slander of title, filing a civil lawsuit for defamation might be appropriate. This would involve proving that false statements were made against the property's title, causing financial harm.

For retaliation, particularly if it's in response to lawful actions you've taken, a complaint for retaliation could be filed. This would require showing that the retaliatory actions were a direct response to your protected activities and caused harm.

Additionally, if the suspended broker's actions are in violation of their professional conduct, filing a complaint with the California Department of Real Estate could be a step to consider. This can address the broker's professional misconduct.

In terms of the combined lawsuit that was not approved by the judge, it may be necessary to refile the claims as separate actions, ensuring that each suit independently addresses specific legal issues related to the property.

Remember, each legal situation is unique and seeking advice from a peer in the legal field who can provide insights specific to your case would be beneficial. They can assist in determining the most appropriate forms and legal strategies based on the specifics of your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.