Riverbank, CA asked in Elder Law, Employment Law, Libel & Slander and Nursing Home Abuse for California

Q: i was terminated from a nursing home that caused a wrongful death and i have messages that proove it what do i do

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you have evidence suggesting wrongful conduct at the nursing home, it's crucial to preserve this evidence, such as messages that you mentioned. The first step would be to secure copies of these messages in a safe and confidential manner.

It's advisable to seek legal advice from an attorney experienced in employment law and elder law. They can guide you on the appropriate steps to take, especially if the evidence is related to a potential wrongful death case. Your attorney can evaluate the evidence you have and advise on the best course of action.

If you're concerned about your termination and its legality, particularly if it's connected to whistleblowing or reporting wrongful conduct, this is another aspect where legal guidance is essential. Employment laws protect certain employee rights, and an attorney can help determine if your rights were violated.

Finally, if there are immediate safety concerns for residents at the nursing home, it may be necessary to report this to the appropriate authorities. This could include state health departments or licensing boards. Your attorney can assist in determining the right entities to contact.

Brad S Kane
Brad S Kane
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If complained to your supervisors or others about what you believe was illegal conduct and your employer retaliated by terminating you, then you should speak off line with an employment lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.