This site is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please check back later.
Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Indiana Gaming Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Gaming, Intellectual Property and Internet Law for Indiana on
Q: As a 3rd-party representative, do I have any legal right to enforce copyright of the company's IP which I represent?

I am a representative for a gaming company's game. I have legal permission to use their IP and game contents and materials for my own use. However, many other entities have created illegal content using the company's IP and game materials without legal permission to gain their own profit.... View More

Griffin Klema
Griffin Klema
answered on Jan 24, 2019

Probably not, unless your license agreement expressly allows you the right to enforce, or you are the exclusive licensee. Oftentimes the intellectual property owner retains the right to enforce or license the IP to others (non-exclusive license), though sometimes there is contractual language that... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming, Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Indiana on
Q: Are any game mechanics from the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading card game patented?

Would creating a digital card game with some mechanics that are similar to Yu-Gi-Oh violate some patents? Specifically, one shared mechanic is that the "field" or playing area is divided into 10 zones in 2 rows for each player, with "creature cards" placed in the front row, and... View More

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek
answered on Jan 2, 2019

Well, I think that you are correct in worrying about Konami's intellectual property. As far as patents go, Konami has over 1100 patents on various gaming devices and methods. I imagine that some of them cover Yu-Gi-Oh!

I don't know which patents cover Yu-Gi-Oh!, but the patent...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Gaming for Indiana on
Q: I have to warrants for missing court for driving while suspended they are from 2016 can I get them lifted my job said

I could get it lifted and have a scheduled court date to go pay fees my job is with the casino and before I start I have to go to the gaming board and get my finger prints done so I will be in front of the state police

Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
answered on Dec 6, 2018

Having the warrants recalled (lifted) really depends on the court. However, it is very unlikely a court will recall the warrants without you having an attorney. If you go to the court to ask you will be taken into custody. Hire an attorney who is familiar with the court system where your... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Gaming for Indiana on
Q: My mom has dogs and they peed on my game systems and it fried them I was wanting to know if I could press charges on her
T. J. Jesky
T. J. Jesky
answered on Sep 22, 2018

First, you cannot "press charges," only the local prosecutor can "press charges." You do have a civil case of "conversion" against the dogs. However, that is not going to help you very much. There is no question that you are upset; however, you have few legal... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gaming and Juvenile Law for Indiana on
Q: Can my 12 yr old brother get in trouble with the authorities for stealing hundreds of dollars off of someone's account?

My 12 yr old brother stole around $500 dollars using my friends Xbox account, which was linked to his mother's bank account. Could he get in trouble with the authorities for thievery? This is not the first time this has happened, he recently stole $90 from my mother's credit card on video... View More

Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
answered on May 7, 2018

Yes he can and it a police report has already been made will likely be prosecuted in the juvenile court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.