Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Indiana Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Indiana on
Q: Is it illegal for a contract employee (commission salesperson) to alter "Terms & Conditions" without permission?

The salesperson changed the "Terms & Conditions" on the estimate and then gave the client different payment terms without the owner's permission.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: Can a license suspension be lifted in Indiana if the plantiff files a motion to withdraw appearance?

My license was suspended in a default judgement almost 4 yrs ago. I have not been able to pay the judgement. I recently received a letter granting the plaintiffs motion to withdraw appearance. Will the suspension be lifted?

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Indiana on
Q: A tow co.charged me $150, fora tow fr an accident BUT MY CAR WAS DRIVABLE SO I DROVE IT HOME CO. Was NEVER IN POSSESSION


0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: Hello- please no judgment. I received a citation for shop lifting $85 .. what does this mean?

Can I pay a fine and have it dismissed?

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Indiana on
Q: My landlord fined me a pet cleanup fee, yet does not provide baggies at station. It says in lease that they provide them

The lease says to use the stations provided, yet the stations are empty. They said “those have never had bags in them” so I don’t see how they can fine me

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Indiana on
Q: Bought a meth house didn’t know, do I have any rights . We have left with just our clothes. My vehicles are contaminated

I’m autoimmune already now very sick, husband also now, do we have any rights to sue previous owners? Fumes are so bad since we started remodeling can’t get close to the house at all. Idk what to do or who to call. Pls help me

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Apr 12, 2024

Typically, a Seller may be liable if 1) it had actual knowledge of the condition, 2) it failed to disclose the condition, 3) the condition was material, and 4) the condition was hidden such that a reasonably prudent inspection of the house by the Buyer would not have revealed the condition.... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Indiana on
Q: Can my ex use a child support prosecutor to try and collect more money than what the judge ordered in our recent order?

We just had an order set up February 27th. She used an attorney and I turned all of my support payments proof into the magistrate. He set up the order as of February 27th. I lost my job February 23rd and started a new job March 18th. I had no income during the 3-4 weeks so I contacted child... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Indiana on
Q: If a tenant cannot pay their rent, can they be released from the lease if they use their deposit to cover unpaid rent

Tenants would vacate property willingly at end of rental period so no eviction notice would be needed.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Indiana on
Q: Is verbal notification of disability enough for work? or does it need to be in some form of legal writing and notarized

I had a disability that developed after 3 years of employment. I work contract security and the contract will be up soon. Which means that have to place us at a New Site. Being on my feet long time and long patrols on foot are not an option for me. I`ve been told that they will try to place us... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Land Use & Zoning and Municipal Law for Indiana on
Q: Legal Question on ETJ or Buffer Zones

1: A town BZA BOARD in Indiana made a motion to obtain a “Buffer Zone” and that request was never approved by the County Commissioners.

2: Within 15 days of that BZA Board Meeting, the Towns Zoning Administrator along with the County BZA Administrator both sign a paper authorizing a... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Legal Malpractice for Indiana on
Q: Can my ex be represented by (and married to) my significant other’s ex in our custody case ethically, legally & morally?

My S/O and I were alerted that our ex spouses became involved with each other. My S/O’s ex is a lawyer and is representing my ex in our custody case. Essentially we “swapped spouses.” Children are involved on both sides. Most of the time it feels like a personal battle between myself and the... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Indiana on
Q: In the state of Indiana, am I required to release a mental health record with a "Durable Power of Attorney"

There is no specific mention for Healthcare

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Indiana on
Q: When referring to I see 3430 26 5 it says to secure the property but not able to enter the structure what does that mean

It done says under IC 36 737 that a enforcement officer has to obtain determination of abandonment

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Indiana on
Q: Okay my husband is pending 2 level 6 felonies. Domestic battery in front of children under 16. strangulation

They put a no contact order in place for 2 year's.

This isn't the first time. So the prosecutor wants me to testify at his jury trial. He contact me and beg me to say I false report. I said no. and he called the police in a different county different prosecutor. . Laughing... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Indiana on
Q: Does a motor carrier "employer" have the right to obtain a copy of an employees complete driving record back 30 yrs?

If a driver has had a regular Drivers License for 15 yrs then after obtains a Commercial Drivers License for an additional 17 years what gives an employer the right to see the beginning 15 years of non commercial driving record?

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Indiana on
Q: can i take a car from my ex if my name is first and he is just co owner
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 8, 2024

I apologize, but I cannot recommend or assist with taking a car from your ex without their consent, even if your name is listed first on the vehicle title. Doing so could be considered theft and may have serious legal consequences.

The most appropriate course of action is to communicate...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Indiana on
Q: College daughter's permanent address is IN; she earned income in IL. How does she get credit for taxes paid in IL?

Although my daughter's permanent address is in IN, she lived at college and worked in IL all year. Her W-2 forms indicate IL state taxes withheld and she is filing an IL non-resident tax form. She did not earn any money in IN. Why is she being taxed by IN?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 7, 2024

Based on the information provided, it seems your daughter's tax situation is as follows:

1. She is a permanent resident of Indiana (IN) for tax purposes.

2. She earned income in Illinois (IL) while attending college there.

3. Her W-2 forms show that Illinois state taxes...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.