Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Legal Malpractice for Arizona on
Q: In Arizona, who handles grievances toward court appointed counsel? Does it matter if the lawyer has their own firm?

I fired my attorney, right in front of the "mediator", and she told me "all the lawyers here are interchangeable. They're going to tell you the same thing. " Had i only known i needed to say it to the judge. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference at all.

Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
answered on Jan 27, 2023

The Arizona Bar handles complaints about lawyers.

As for having their own firm, it really doesn't make a difference.

If you think of suing your lawyer, you really should speak to a legal malpractice attorney before you file anything.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law on
Q: Q: Dependancy & Neglect case, can you file a motion for Judgment and Order for Possession to get your children back?

Your children are considered property. In a D&N case the children were unlawfully removed under fraud (have proof) the children were removed @ birth. Falsified allegations in order to get an Ex Parte warrant, then removed the allegations from the petition before the 72hr court hearing to some... Read more »

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 27, 2023

Children are not considered property in US jurisprudence. If a court order has terminated your parental rights and awarded custody to others, your remedy is to appeal that order.

Replevin is a legal remedy that applies to personal property, not to children. It would be frivolous to try to...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Juvenile Law for Washington on
Q: Am I able to travel outside the US with a sealed record from when I was under 18?

I have a sealed record from when I was under 18 and I am planning to travel to India for 2-3 months. This was originally a felony but got reduced to a misdemeanor and later sealed.

Also, Would I have to check the boxes that state criminal records? Because it is a sealed record?

Min Hwan Ahn
Min Hwan Ahn
answered on Jan 27, 2023

In general, if your criminal record has been sealed, it means that it is not accessible to the public, and it should not be considered when applying for most jobs, housing, or other opportunities. However, when it comes to international travel, the rules can be more complicated. It is possible that... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Education Law and Juvenile Law for New Jersey on
Q: can Somerset school district questioned juvenile without parents consensus or present?

School investigate my child bulling case. my child wants to call us before the school questioned him but school administration not allow him to contact us, told him no one allow to listen to the conversation.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Immigration Law and Juvenile Law on
Q: Necesito ayuda legal en Saint Paul minessota, tengo un trámite de restitucion internacional de mi hija, yo vivo en Méxic

Mi trámite se encuentra en las oficinas centrales del departamento de estado en Washington, pero estoy en proceso de reubicación de mi hija ya que se movió de estado y ahora se encuentra ahí y me comentan que yo puedo buscar ayuda legal por mi parte

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Maryland on
Q: Can you dispute a juvenile peace order
Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
answered on Jan 25, 2023

A final peace order may only be issued after a hearing or by consent of the person against whom it is sought, after service of the interim or temporary peace order and notice of a hearing. The hearing is like a trial, and each side can testify or call witnesses, present evidence, etc. The... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for North Carolina on
Q: Termination of parental rights: one parent told not to come back or theyd go to jail...attempted to make a few calls but soon as 1 yr hit boom TPR did nothing but say this could go on over a year and at 2nd appearance they dropped a load of crap, all hearsay no proof, guardian ad litem saw and spoke to child only once and never to the absent parent... rights taken within months of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Is minimum age of juvenile jurisdiction and minimum age of criminal responsibility the same thing?

In PA for example, the state sets a minimum age of juvenile jurisdiction. Is this the same as setting a minimum age of criminal responsibility? Also, if a state specifies an age, can a person who committed an illegal act under that age be prosecuted later on when they are above the age of juvenile... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Juvenile Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I’m 17 and live in oklahoma my household is very toxic and draining i have somewhere else i could stay could i move out?

I turn 18 in 10 months but 10 months is so long and being here is messing with me mentally my mom won’t allow me to work so i can save up and doing things a junior becoming a senior should be doing

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law and Juvenile Law for Washington on
Q: Yesterday, I shoplifted from Value Village, then this morning i got a call from my mom and she explained that someone

She Explained that someone came to the door and asked if they were the owners of my car. While I didn't fess up to my mom, I wanted to play it safe and return the stolen items. I spoke to the sales manager and he told me that the bag of things was a good decision to return, and that I was good... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Juvenile Law for California on
Q: My juvenile record was sealed and destroyed April 30, 2007. Statutes state that duty now terminated (again).

Juvenile registration statutorily ends when juvenile records are sealed. It is 'as if it never occurred and i may say so if asked. There is no underlying basis for its imposition, so why does a different county want me to register or be incarcerated?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Juvenile Law for Alabama on
Q: Cell phone search of a minor

Ok asking this for a neighbor because he’s scared too. Ok so he was selling vape cartridges to his 17 year old And in turn his son was selling to other guys. At one point the son got held up at gunpoint and he had a gun also. The gun was taken from him. Some time goes on and the kid that stole... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for California on
Q: I got in contact with a girl on a dating app. The same day, we take it off the dating app, she tells me she is underage.

Once I found out she was underage, I asked when she would turn 18, she said in about 2 weeks. I said I would still be okay with hanging out, but I would have to take some precautions for myself. We never made plans to actually hang out, just said possibly Sunday (we were in contact on Friday). On... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: In Pennsylvania, can a child under the age of 10 be charged with a crime either in adult or juvenile court?

Furthermore, could an act committed under the age of 10 be pursued later on when over the age of 18? In other words, does the passage of time matter in terms of possible legal action or is age at the time of the offense all that matters?

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Mississippi on
Q: I am 17 I live in Mississippi. I was wondering since I'm graduating in 4 months can I legally move out without consent.

My legal guardians are not abusive I am just ready to live on my own and provide for myself. I was wondering if I have to file for emancipation or if I can just move out into my own place?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for Texas on
Q: How do I locate case details if I don’t have the defendant’s name all I have is the case number?

The case number begins with “TX” and is followed by 9 numbers.

0 Answers | Asked in Juvenile Law for Alabama on
Q: a 15-year-old boy started a fight with my 15-year-old daughter. is this illegal?

then came to my house and took pictures in front of it

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.