Ask a Question

Get free answers to your International Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Missouri International Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law and International Law for Missouri on
Q: Does Missouri have to honor treaties of the United States of America? If so does this also mean with foreign treaties?
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 4, 2024

Yes, Missouri, like all states in the United States, is constitutionally obligated to honor treaties made by the federal government. Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, commonly known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes that federal law, including treaties, is the supreme law... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Immigration Law and International Law for Missouri on
Q: I and our 3 kids are dual UK-USA citizens. My wife is USA only. Can kids move to UK with me? If wife wishes to remain...

There's a little disharmony in paradise. Wife wishes to remain in USA (being only a US citizen) and is a stay-home Mom; she has not been employed in over 15 years. I am the sole income. I and all kids wish to move back to England. Kids were born in USA but are all naturalized as UK citizens... View More

Lydia Seifner
Lydia Seifner
answered on Aug 12, 2019

You both have equal rights to the children; so the children may move to the UK with you, but she can also submit a court action to have them returned if she disagrees. Talk to an attorney in the jurisdiction where your family lives to discuss your options.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and International Law for Missouri on
Q: If a court in another country has come to a discision will they notify the person of the verdict?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 25, 2017

Not clear --presumably if an individual is involved as a party they have an attorney. If they are merely a person who was a witness, no, but then whoever called you as a witness has an attorney. You can ask how or if you will be notified.Finally, you may contact the court and ask to be notified.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Missouri on
Q: Just what is a "non-self-executing treaty"?

I am asking for a legal definition to find out if the United States Senate in 1986 properly ratified the United Nations Convention on Genocide & then Pres. Ronald Reagan signed in 1988. If I have to pay to get an answer, forgetaboutit.

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Aug 4, 2015

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your specific...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.