Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Workers' Compensation legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nevada Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Nevada on
Q: I’m an injured worker; a “Rating Physician” has declared me PTD; I haven’t received any settlement. NRS STATUES PLEASE

I have been fighting for my rights as an injured worker since 2005. I am currently scheduled for numerous Administrative Hearings & Appeals regarding the Third Party Administrator interfering with my pain management, requesting my pain management physician to wean me (three-times) and then... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Nevada on
Q: Nevada, Case: when a Workers Comp, claim/case is in management review how long doesIt take to review it? 90 days?

My cousin’s Workers Comp, claim is in management review is that a good thing? If nothing doesn’t happen, can he use his own insurance to go get his hip fix but will he lose his claim? Can he get fix and sue them later? This is so wrong and horrible! This is a serious situation! This has been... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 7, 2023

Under Nevada law, the timeline for management review of a Workers' Compensation claim can vary. It's not necessarily fixed to 90 days; the duration can depend on the complexity of the case, the completeness of the documentation, and the workload of the reviewing entity. Being in... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Employment Law for Nevada on
Q: My job is saying I have enough money to pay my hospital bills?

I injured my arm at work and I had to get surgery to fix it. My work covered the surgery, medication and physical therapy. But that was 3 years ago. I got a bill from the hospital about a week ago and they're asking for 10,000 for the surgery. On the bill they sent it said something along the... View More

David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 18, 2017

You should consult with a Nevada based worker's compensation attorney. There are time limits that apply to the case and the processing of the medical bills. In some jurisdiction, the clock starts ticking after the last treatment related to the worker related injury. In some states, there... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Nevada on
Q: How to 'push' worker's compensation insurance company?

Almost 2 weeks ago, I was horribly injured at work. Taken to a hospital by ambulance, bleeding. Stitched up. Did not hear from WC insurance for 4 days. Made my own appointment for a surgeon's visit. Had surgery scheduled. WC insurance cancelled the surgery at last moment. Now I am in... View More

David Alan Wolf
David Alan Wolf pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 29, 2017

You should not be at the mercy or whim of the worker's compensation carrier. Get an attorney in place now. Worker's compensation attorneys know the system and how to push to get the clients the care that the clients absolutely need and deserve. Most worker's compensation attorneys... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Nevada on
Q: my Company will not be paying any salary for short/long term disability and have stated that they will not cover my

medical insurance. I believe that I am now unemployed and with no medical coverage and surgery was scheduled for next week Monday. what if anything can I do?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 13, 2017

Apply for medical assistance. You can buy into your old plan through COBRA. You can go on the ACA website (the deadline doesn't apply to those who have been taken off employers plan). If you have a short term or long term disability plan through work or on your own that should cover it. If you... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.