Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation on
Q: I have an open WC claim in PA and I am receiving medical and lost wage benefits. I had lumbar surgery and am in recovery

I will not be able to return to work for some months best case. At what point can a WC insurer try to get me okayed to return to lighter duty or if not available with my present employer, present a WC judge with other job positions which they or the judge may deem possible for me complete? Is it at... Read more »

Q: I am a Case Investigator/Contact Tracer in NJ who works for a staffing company. I just received notice Fri., 2/3/23 at

4:51 pm that our (colleagues and I) employment will end 5/5/23 and in this electronic document, they sited: Millville Dallas Airmotive Plant Job Loss Notification Act P.l. 2007, C.212, C.34:21-2 Was Sited In The Email Requesting A Signature That This Will End But There Is No Amount For Severance... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Kentucky on
Q: A year and a half into my injury ( 3 surgeries) insurance is sending me to get an IME. Do they have to prepay my mileage

The above question is pertaining to workman’s comp injury.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on
Q: If u tell ur job u can't do a job and its physically hurting you. But they make u do it till I get a doctor excuse

I've been at my job for 5 months with no problems they put me on a new job after a couple days my back started hurting I told my supervisor I couldn't do it and it was messing up my back and they said unfortunately you have to keep doing it until you get a doctor's excuse and now my... Read more »

Mr. Peter James Carman Esq.
Mr. Peter James Carman Esq.
answered on Feb 2, 2023

In Wisconsin,once you report a work injury as you have done as you describe above, any smart employer would report it immediately to their worker's compensation insurance carrier and take you off that job and refer you to be seen by a doctor of their, or your, selection without further delay.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Tennessee on
Q: I was sent back to work full duty. Does your second opinion over rule the first? And do I get paid for all time missed?

My adjuster only wants to pay me for the date of my second opinion. To the next foreseen return to work date. Meanwhile. There’s an entire 1.5 months I haven’t been at work due to this injury. I just am trying to figure out if they can do that.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Family Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Kansas on
Q: What defines conflict of interest when being terminated after 10+ years of employment?

I got terminated after a work place injury saying i refused a urine test i peed in a cup at the clinic the employer took me to my ex girlfriends mother was the one giving me my urine test after she was a nurse there at the time and I made sure my employer knew this woman hated me but yet they still... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin on
Q: What are the next steps following a workplace injury as an employee?

Slipped and fell on ice at work and suffered a head injury as a result. During the incident was knocked unconscious, no ambulance was called. I am seeking legal on what to do next after release from the hospital.

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Employment Discrimination for Indiana on
Q: Work injury (work compensation denied) Major injury ( law suit shoulder) How is this done?

Where and how is this handled when I have been unsuccessful at my approach.

Makes me feel like I am the one whom is handling the case in a wrong manner cause of my approach?

Can a person talk to much?

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Construction Law for New York on
Q: I'm a carpenter and sole proprietor with no employees. If I work as a sub for a General Contractor are they liable?

Reading NY WC law section 56 my understanding is that the GC will be liable for any injuries I may incur and that their WC policy will charge them for 1099 income paid to me if I use the NY WC attestation of exemption and don't have WC for myself. I looked into this and WC for myself would be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for New York on
Q: Is it legal in ny for a private citizen to seek a investigation compensation from plaintiff 4 irrefutable video evidence

I'm a private citizen who's surfaced indisputable online video evidence against defendants sworn testimony in an active slip & fall tort lawsuit. I have more than 600+ hours of personal time performing online research for a planned lawsuit against the same named defendant for a... Read more »

Jonathan R. Ratchik
Jonathan R. Ratchik
answered on Jan 30, 2023

If I understand you correctly, you have evidence which would be of use to plaintiff's counsel in a lawsuit and want to get paid for the time you spent compiling such evidence. Although you can certainly speak with plaintiff's counsel to discuss your proposal, unless you were retained /... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Missouri on
Q: Which attorney is the best for slip and fall that happen on your job
Scott Andrew Wilson
Scott Andrew Wilson
answered on Jan 26, 2023

You should look for an experienced workers compensation lawyer who represents injured workers who also handles personal injury claims as there may be potential third-party liability if someone other than your Employer was negligent in causing the dangerous condition.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Internet Law and Workers' Compensation on
Q: Regardez moi je suis victime actes criminels et terrorismes sur le web internet Facebook

ans,des profils de personnes radical ou avec États Islamique de Daesh ou AlQuaida Boko Haram et Alshabab, j’ai donc travaille pour Facebook pendant cinq ans de temps à commettre des gestes dangereuse sensible et très violent envers humanités, je suis une cobaye ou un modérateur puissant en... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina on
Q: As "Pro se" in a Work Comp case, am I required to sign a medical release form.

I’m currently receiving pain management treatment related to my WC case. Because I'm now in a position of representing myself as Pro se, the defense attorney is now putting pressure on me to sign multiple release forms to give her access to my CVS prescript history and to my personal... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Nebraska on
Q: How do you define more than one phalange in finger amputations

Amputated index finger between 1st and 2nd knuckle had three surgeries to get repaired and healed also had surgery on back of hand to address pain and popping when folding first two fingers did not help any doctor says will need future medical maintenance for this problem adjuster says only... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Legal Malpractice for California on
Q: multi injury from fall at work back and neck denied by w/c but QME adds them as industrial after settlement w/o consent

fall at work tore radial nerve out of my right bicep mussel lost all function of my right dominant hand fingers thumb wrist and my neck and back were denied by worker comp ins QME adds to industrial claim and worker comp ins adds as new and further when there from same industrial fall at work like... Read more »

John Karas
John Karas
answered on Jan 25, 2023

Your lengthy description of events really isn't an Insurance Bad Faith matter. You MAY have an malpractice case against your attorney regarding settling/dismissing some of your claims without your consent.

I suggest consulting with attorneys in your area who handle attorney...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on
Q: Where would I find a listing of lawyers who specialize in Federal workers compensation?

I work for USPS looking for attorney to consult about my appeal.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Utah on
Q: I got injured at work work back in June 2020. I received a letter recently for a termination on my case.

Workers comp sent me to a doctor of their choose to get a independent medical evaluation. The doctors opinion was that my injuries are not work related, now workers comp sent me papers saying that my case was denied and terminated because of the doctors opinion.

Tim Rose
Tim Rose PRO label
answered on Jan 22, 2023

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your claim. This is a very common way for the workers compensation insurance company to stop paying for your injury. You should consult with an attorney to see if you can dispute the denial of your claim. You may need to have your treating doctor write an... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Banking for Indiana on
Q: Can my company transfer my HSA without my consent?

It seems my company is changing HSA providers. This has happened before; however, this time they are transferring my funds without any input from me. The last time the funds stayed with the previous provider and I chose to rollover/transfer when I was satisfied. I just want to know if I have any... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Sexual Harassment on
Q: Good morning I need a lawyer to help me about under payment and DBA

I worked with Us army under Sabre international security in Iraq but I hear that there's is some money for compensation and under pay so I need a help

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.