Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Probate for Nevada on
Q: My probate lawyer has not called since September I gave them a list of assets in Feb. Called then last week she said we

Are still waiting for the list and probate was filed feb 2022 do I have recourse? Lawyer has done nothing since

sept. 2922

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Nevada on
Q: I seen a IME doctor bye request of my insurance company and three weeks after they want me to provide X-rays do I haveto

After I completed the exam three weeks later the insurance company want me to sign another release form for X-ray results

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jun 7, 2023

You are not required to provide your personal medical records to anyone; however, failing to provide them may preclude you from receiving reimbursement from someone else like your insurance company for the cost of health care you are receiving. In layman's terms, you don't have to give... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Nevada on
Q: If i was living with my ex boyfriend and we get in a fight and he leaves the apartment and i stay , The leasing office

Then try’s to make contact with me and informs me that they wanted to. Know if anyone is still occupying the unit because my ex signed something saying he vacated the unit what should i do moving forward???

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Nevada on
Q: Medical insur claim: She we be worried and take some kind of action? Or just wait and see what happens?

My wife had thyroid surgery Aug 2022. The surgery was pre-authorized by insur for overnight, 23 hours. The hospital dragged their feet releasing my wife so the 23 hours was exceeded. Insur co denied the claim for exceeding 23 hours. We’ve never rec’d any correspondence from the hospital and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Business Law for Nevada on
Q: Hello I have a real estate business. I am looking to hire my first employee to answer calls and do admin work.

If I pay them either $13.25 per hour or $15 per hour. Am I required to pay them overtime of $19 per Hour and $22 per hour. Over 40 hours. My company is based in Nevada. I only have 1 employee and myself.

Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert
answered on Jun 6, 2023

Generally yes. Federal law requires that hourly-paid employees be paid overtime, at a rate of one-and-one-half times their regular rate of pay, for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek. If your business does less than $500,000 gross in business per year, however, you may be exempt from federal... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Nevada on
Q: I need to get a felony and a gross misdemeanor expunged or sealed from my record from 2006

2006 finished parole 2011 Feb have gotten married have been employed been a productive member of society I live in TX and trying to better my career in the medical feild

0 Answers | Asked in Probate for Nevada on
Q: Can't afford a probate attorney. What's the process to start probate in the Las Vegas, Nevada?

Can't afford an attorney at the moment. Parent passed away in beginning or 2022, five adult children taking care of family home that's under parents' name. Home is worth around $300,000. , but needs much repairs. Parent didn't leave any other debt or a will. Adult children do... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Nevada on
Q: How do I get proof of residency on my child’s father? I have to prove he does not reside where he used to.

I am in a custody battle with my child’s father. I’m trying to build a case for primary custody. I was told I have to prove that he has moved and no longer resides at his mother’s address.

How could I possibly prove that? What constitutes “proof?”

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for Nevada on
Q: How to sue an ex over animal custody? If there are any good recommendations for lawyers willing to help.

My ex broke our verbal contract to return family dog after visitation hours.. The dog is legally in my name by Bill of sale, vet bills, medications, and licensed to my home address with the state of Nevada.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Nevada on
Q: I wasn’t noticed county sold property I owned 5/13/21 with 40k excess funds. Does lack of notice extend time to file?

My question is solely regarding filling request for excess funds. NRS says 1 year to file, but I believe lack of notice extends this time limit from date of notice or when I became aware. Can someone please confirm?

Also, I’m looking for attorney to help with this matter

0 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Nevada on
Q: can we get a visa for our employees here in the US?
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Nevada on
Q: This is a criminal question in nevada

I was paroled in january of 2020 ive done everything asked of me on time and never got in trouble. had a job pretty much the whole time same place of residence also. but my restituiton is 121,000 which i have not been able to pay in full but have been making the min amount payment every month. my... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: So my husband up and left me and went out of state Can I get a divorce from him if I don’t know where he went?

He left while I was at work and never told me he was leaving me and he had also left me for another woman what Can I do

Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
answered on May 29, 2023

Yes, you are able to file for divorce even though you do not know where your husband is. There are ways to attempt to locate him and if that fails, there are processes by which you can still obtain a divorce.

0 Answers | Asked in Copyright and Intellectual Property for Nevada on
Q: i was writing a story about Bluto and other Popeye characters would this be something i can do or is this infringement

so i iv seen that popeye him self ist 100% public domain but i was trying to write a story evolving the characters from that "universe" but i dont want to get the ball rolling and end up infringing (this project isn't necessarily for profit but on the off chance it takes off )

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Business Law for Nevada on
Q: If I will be serving alcohol in my resto, can non-servers (bussers, kitchen staff) be below 21 years old?

I have a restaurant and I will be serving alcohol soon. I understand that servers or anyone who will be handling the liquor (like bartenders) should be of legal age. How about non-servers like bussers, kitchen staff, and chefs? Do they need to be of legal age? Or can they be below 21 as long as... Read more »

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
answered on May 28, 2023

Typical lawyer answer: IT DEPENDS. You said the "bussers, kitchen staff and chefs" Are they handling alcohol in the performance of their duties- handling alcohol to be served to customers, not used in food preparation? Many dishes call for alcohol to be added: Bananas Foster, Cherries... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Nevada on
Q: Does my Brother Have a Case For Guardianship

I 22F filed for guardianship of my 16F sister and my 13M brother and my older brother 28M filed to oppose me and cited his reasons as I was just recently promoted and that he doesn’t think I can financially take care of my siblings. Both of my parents died and brother was never around and even... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Nevada on
Q: My county is allowing someone to run businesses out if shed bnb and conv. Store won’t let anyone else or even respond

My county is allowing businesses to be ran from sheds with no foundations or certificate of occupancy and won’t respond to requests from others to do the same, what can I do? Went all the way up to county commissioners and no one will respond at all, nothing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.