Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Military Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oregon Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Military Law and Family Law for Oregon on
Q: I have been married but not living together with my veteran husband who passed away in January.

I can't find paperwork or soc sec.number how could I get that information legally as his wife? I have 2 order our marriage certificate since don't have that anymore either

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 27, 2024

In your situation, gathering necessary documents and information following the passing of your veteran husband can feel overwhelming. First, obtaining a copy of your marriage certificate is a wise step. You can request this document from the vital records office in the state where you were married.... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law for Oregon on
Q: If I'm active duty and my Missouri drivers license expired during training am I still able to drive despite this.

If so do I need a document if I get pulled over.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 21, 2023

In many U.S. states, active duty military personnel are given some leeway when it comes to the expiration of their driver's licenses while they are deployed or in training. Missouri is one of those states that offers this extension. According to Missouri law, if you are an active duty member... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Military Law for Oregon on
Q: Is parole in place for military families still available to apply for as of september 2017?

Husband is in navy reserves, can I still apply for parole in place?

Myron Morales
Myron Morales
answered on Sep 18, 2017

As long as he is on active duty, you can still apply for parole in place.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Military Law for Oregon on
Q: Will I need to retain a lawyer if my husband and I are divorcing and he is active military and deployed overseas?
Juan Antonio Lozada
Juan Antonio Lozada
answered on Jul 11, 2017

If you and your husband agree on everything (custody of children if any and division of assets) and you have a military legal assistance office nearby you may be want to consult with them, sometimes, they offer assistance with uncontested divorces. Having your husband deployed will certainly make... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.