Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Military Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Military Law on
Q: What can I do when my ex boyfriend smashes my car?

What can I do when my ex boyfriend smashed my car on the 2nd April and I got the police involved and they agreed with him that he will pay for the damage caused. A couple of weeks later my car got written off in a car accident. I let the police know and I am now being told that he no longer has to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Contracts and Military Law for California on
Q: I am a 56 yr African American veteran ( first Gulf War ). I was denied my right to file a formal complaint by the SF VA

One of the services I am eligible for is the VA RideShare Program. Staff at the Medical Center arrange transportation for veterans ( Dr. appts and other necessary trips ). I discovered soon after using the service, that the cost of many of the trips had been debited from my personal bank... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
answered on Jun 22, 2022

you need a lawyer who specializes in Veterans Benefits, not just a personal injury lawyer. Google that if you don't get an answer on this site.

A PI is more like car accidents and slip and falls.

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support and Military Law for Alabama on
Q: My soon to be ex husband wants full custody after not having anything to do with our son in a year. What can I do?

So my ex (overseas and active duty) and I (reside stateside with my kids) have been wanting to divorce for almost a year and a half. He didn’t want me to file for child support, so he sent an affidavit saying he wanted to relinquish parental rights regarding our son, and blocked me from... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Military Law for Texas on
Q: Civilian is ex-military Partner of civilian is a lesbian and would not have sexual intercourse with the active member

If someone is active duty and monogamous their spouse is a civilian who is polyamorous, would the active duty member be subject to the risk of being discharged because of the relationship their spouse has?

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Juvenile Law and Military Law for Arkansas on
Q: If a 17-year-old enlists in the Army Reserves with parental consent are they fully emancipated in the state of Arkansas?

For example, could they enter into their own contracts or make decisions about where they lived without their parents' consent or approval?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Military Law for North Carolina on
Q: I am looking to get into contact with someone who is not active in the military regarding questions about military law.

What happens if the government violates a pretrial agreement after court martial? If the defendant has honored their obligations to the agreement.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Military Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can someone not hire me because I’m in the National Guard?

I’ve had difficulty receiving job interviews. Focus call center texted me and said they would like to move forward in the hiring process. I called back for a follow up and they asked me my availability on the weekends, I told him I wouldn’t be able to work probably a weekend out of the month... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Military Law for Oregon on
Q: My husband didn't divorce 2nd wife.We married 25 years, where do I stand SSA & VA widows benefits

I thought he had divorced her

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law and Military Law for Florida on
Q: I got a girl pregnant and since I don’t want to be with her she is taking military orders to Japan.

We are both military she is Air Force. I am army national guard on a deployment. She is not going to allow me in the kids life and is going to send me court docs requesting protection. No domestic violence has occurred.

Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
answered on May 19, 2022

In Florida, if you want to assert your rights you would need to file a petition for paternity. In Florida if you take no action the mother will have full legal custody and control of the child. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Tennessee on
Q: i’m in the tennessee army national guard. i had a question about legal action on attending drill dates.

if i chose to stop attending my monthly drills, what legal action could ensue? i know since i’m not an active duty soldier it’s a state to state basis but am not able to find anything regarding the tennessee laws on the matter. thanks in advance!

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on May 17, 2022

You can be arrested for AWOL and Theft Of Property, as well as receiving a bad Discharge.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Military Law for Maryland on
Q: Does veterans status play in drugs charge with a side arm ( pistol) on the outcome?
Eric Todd Kirk
Eric Todd Kirk
answered on May 12, 2022

If you have been charged in Baltimore City, you should see if you are eligible for Veteran's Court.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Military Law for Tennessee on
Q: So if one decided to purposely go AWOL from the Tennessee National Guard, what penalty would they face besides discharge
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on May 4, 2022

It could be a Felony, or a Misdemeanor with alot of Restitution required. The Soldier should talk to his Commander and First Sergeant and take the Military penalty without criminal charges being filed. The Courts can be very rough on AWOLs. At least hire an attorney that knows the TN NG, as a... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Tennessee on
Q: When hunting while on military leave in the state of TN how do I check in or tag an animal?

2010 Tennessee Code

Title 70 - Wildlife Resources

Chapter 2 - Licenses and Permits

Part 1 - General Provisions


Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on May 2, 2022

Go to the TWRA website. Your Leave Orders are necessary and most of it can be done on a smart phone.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Military Law for Louisiana on
Q: What administrative remedies can a pre-trial litigant use?

It's a military case

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Apr 14, 2022

Not nearly enough information to answer the question.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Banking and Military Law for Florida on
Q: I believe my car has been wrongfully repossessed, what should I do?

I am active duty member currently on deployment but coming home soon. Back in January my car got impounded for expired tags. I talked to the impound lot and explained the situation and they said they would hold my car till I got back from deployment. Now right when I am about to come home I found... Read more »

Barbara Billiot Stage
Barbara Billiot Stage
answered on Apr 7, 2022

You are protected by the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act, which protects military personnel from certain actions while deployed. You should contact the bank and assert the repossession was improper under the Act, especially since you were not past due and had made arrangements for you... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Military Law and Social Security for Texas on
Q: I need a lawyer to review some evidence I have to decide if I have a credible case and what the fee might be.
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
answered on Mar 9, 2022

You don't mention what type of case you are asking about. If it is a claim for service-connected compensation, I or another attorney can review your case and no attorney can charge you for that. The same is true for a Social Security disability claim. An attorney can discuss the case with you,... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Child Custody and Military Law for Massachusetts on
Q: Can I apply for benefits and support to move out of the marital home with the kids before I file for divorce?

I am financially dependent on my husband. I want to leave. I have $500 SSDI a month. He is military active duty but stationed close by. We have two minor children.

Philip D. Cave
Philip D. Cave
answered on Feb 22, 2022

If he is military, he is required by military law to "support his dependents."

Should you move out and you do not have a signed separation agreement, the military mandates that he must pay you a portion of his pay and allowances as support for you and the children pending the...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.