Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for Oregon on
Q: mom was visiting in PDX with her dog & openedcar door as we got home to let the dog in and he scared a runner and fell

our dog scared the runner and he tripped and fell on the sidewalk, he now wants our insurance information to cover costs.

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Oregon on
Q: Mother has full custody and claims to have tested positive for COVID-19. What is the protocol in Oregon for visitation?

Mother full custody. Claims to test positive, but doesn't provide date of test. son was returned this morning. I'm supposed to pick him up Wednesday night. mother will not have our son tested. I work in healthcare.

0 Answers | Asked in Trademark for Oregon on
Q: Using someone’s trademark in a url. Is this legal?

OAA has the trademark CPK for Cabbage Patch Kids. My website url starts with cpk and I sell cabbage patch items. I have a disclaimer saying I am not affiliated with Cabbage Patch Kids or any of their entities. Am I safe or could I be sued?

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright for Oregon on
Q: Is it considered copyright infringement if someone uses copyrighted initials in part of their name?

For instance, CPK is copyrighted by the Cabbage Patch Kids company. So if someone uses CPKCLAIRE would that be infringement? Specifically the ending of a URL, like

Update: In regards to Michael’s answer, CPK is a registered trademark, so if someone uses it with... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Jan 13, 2022

No, because you cannot copyright initials or even a signature. But, you can trademark initials and signatures.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Oregon on
Q: I want to share my house but at my age do NOT want kids in my house (property is definitely not child safe).

I am a long-time homeowner, senior female, with some health issues that call for maintaining my quiet living environment. I would like to offer a shared living expense (IRC definition) arrangement in sharing my home with a similar person. I don't want to get into a battle over housing... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Oregon on
Q: Do you handle descrimination cases?

I am a 100% disabled Vietnam veteran, and I am being discriminated against.

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oregon on
Q: In a California (Yolo Co.) DUI W/W case 06/15/15, plead not guilty , PDs assigned never contact me, what to do?

I was escaping my abusive husband & on my way to Oregon when this all began. I have not been contacted by a single PD assigned to the case but I have a bench warrant out and I still cannot get the lawyers to assist or even return simple emails, voicemails, since the arraignment in September 2015

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oregon on
Q: What is this form How can I get this motion

Ors 813.021

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for Oregon on
Q: Does one have a chance to come back to U.S. after being deported for aggravated felonies if mother is a U.S. Citizen?
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Jan 11, 2022

In my opinion after a removal for several aggravated felonies convictions the chances of being permitted for admission to the United States are nil, notwithstanding the legal status of immediate family members in the U.S.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Collections for Oregon on
Q: Can I be charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle or a repossession for nonpayment

I posesed a copy of key I made the mistake of giving title before it was paid of but on the bill of sale it stated that the car must be paid off by certain date which buyer failed to do

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Oregon on
Q: Can a plaintiff get any late assistance in a civil case?

Im at the stage where I need help with subpoenas.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 17, 2022

An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week, and evidence in personal injury cases can sometimes be fleeting in nature. You might be able to (if you have not already succeeded in doing so by now). But nationwide, what you describe sometimes takes some effort.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Collections and Small Claims for Oregon on
Q: Do I have legal standing if my roommates have been engaging in targeted harassment for months, locked me out, (see more)

physically charged me, violated the lease with having an animal as well as smoking, targeting my disability (chronic intractable migraines) and then boasting about it online, gaslighting, horribly mean texts, and more? My apartment won’t kick them out and has instead agreed to let me out of the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on
Q: Owner of Tow truck company, towed us to wrong location and just left us there.

What can I do if a owner of a tow truck company, towed us farther away from our destination of where we wanted to go, let alone damaged our property in the process and left us in some person driveway entrance, near highway, then left and didn’t come back, been stuck in this area for 2 weeks with... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for Oregon on
Q: I dropped off a piece at a metal shop . I was led to believe it would it would be done easily/ inexpensively. But $1200?

No written contract, no estimate given. I was told they could do it quickly & inexpensively

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.