Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Education Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Education Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Child Support and Education Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: What would be considered as education after high school so my father will still be obligated to pay alimony?

-Currently going to University of Puerto Rico but don't want to go

- I am forced to do so because if I'm not "studying" I won't be eligible to the alimony I receive currently

-What constitutes as " education" aside from going to college

Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
answered on Sep 24, 2019

Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. In Puerto Rico there is no alimony, Just child support until the age of 21. Once the child tienes 21 the child support order will be eliminated if the non-custodial parent request elimination. After the age of 21until the age of 25, a child can request from... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and Education Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: Do you know of any case about Homeschooling recently?

I would like to know if there is any recent case about a violation to the right of the parents to homeschool their children.

Naomi Jusino
Naomi Jusino
answered on Oct 31, 2016

No, in Puerto Rico there is no recent case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.