Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Medical Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wyoming Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Constitutional Law and Medical Malpractice for Wyoming on
Q: What is the statute of limitations on cruel amd unusual punishment?

Was denied medical care for 3 months after negligence of protocol in county jail the np said I just had cankles the guards called me gimpy and my cell was on the 2nd teir so I had to walk up and down stairs 3 times a day to eat and take meds this seems like cruel and unusual punishment.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 30, 2024

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. That sounds like a very difficult and painful situation.

The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment." This applies to conditions of confinement in jails and prisons. Denying necessary medical...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Wyoming on
Q: If my brother died by suicide while on probation and in treatment, can we sue them for emotional damages?

They exacted a warrant illegally on my parents house, took kids with no cause, and convicted my mom and brother. Even though my brother admitted to all in the house, they still charged my mom n convicted her under coersion.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 17, 2021

This would be a tough case for a number of reasons dealing with proof, showing the cause was that and not an underlying issue. Suggest you contact the Wyoming Civil Liberties Union, ask for their prison rights group, ask them for the names of some of their "cooperating attorneys." Those... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Wyoming on
Q: I had a hip replacement and doctor ended up doing nerve damage I lost my job and have a disability. Can I get help?

My right leg on the inside from my ankle to my groin is numb. Did fall on my knee due to this injury

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on May 29, 2015

For potential medical malpractice, talk to a local medical malpractice lawyer.

If you think you have a problem with the artificial hip, of if you had a defective artificial hip replaced, you'll want to talk to a products liability lawyer handling defective hip implants. I know a law...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.