Wyoming Q&A by Practice Area

Show More Practice Areas »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wyoming Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Products Liability and Animal / Dog Law for Wyoming on
Q: purchased two puppies in wyoming one week later puppy died due to defect what recourse do i have?

breeder is not responding even with documents from vetinarians office

transaction was done in WY, puppy died in Los Angeles; my home.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Wyoming on
Q: If my brother died by suicide while on probation and in treatment, can we sue them for emotional damages?

They exacted a warrant illegally on my parents house, took kids with no cause, and convicted my mom and brother. Even though my brother admitted to all in the house, they still charged my mom n convicted her under coersion.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 17, 2021

This would be a tough case for a number of reasons dealing with proof, showing the cause was that and not an underlying issue. Suggest you contact the Wyoming Civil Liberties Union, ask for their prison rights group, ask them for the names of some of their "cooperating attorneys." Those... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Wyoming on
Q: If my landlord refused to fix any problems in my trailer, including a leaking roof can I sue him

Roof leaked. Snowed inside house from windows. Refused to fix anything. Complaints go back at lease 2 years

0 Answers | Asked in Municipal Law for Wyoming on
Q: What are the sentencing guidelines on a trespassing charge in Wyoming municipal court.(Casper)

2 regular,and 2 enhanced misdemeanors.

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Wyoming on
Q: In the affidavit for divorce without appearance of parties(no kids) does the information under #10 have to be filled out

We have already separated everything that each other want and neither one wants anything the other has.

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody for Wyoming on
Q: My niece & her husband are separated. They lived in Wyoming. The husband took the 4 year old child to Utah.

The husband will not allow my niece to see or talk to the child. Child could be emotionally distraught since my niece was the only one caring for her the majority of the time. Neither have filed for divorce or custody. Attorney costs are prohibitive. Can my niece file a custody petition on her... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Wyoming on
Q: Hello, I have a question about taxes for LLC.

Hello, I have a question about taxes for LLC. If I start LLC in the US as a foreigner from EU (no US resident) for a trading and investing purposes, how does it work with taxes in each state? Would I have to pay state tax for instance in Wyoming and also federal tax on my capital gains or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property, Land Use & Zoning, Probate and Real Estate Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can the owner of the land sale the land if there is property on it thats wrap up in probate?
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Jun 21, 2021

Your question is unclear. If there is only one tract, then apparently the alleged owner is actually only a tenant in common and the Probate will need to be closed prior to sale. If more than one tract, then the alleged owner may be able to convey the tract he owns. The Probate may only be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Wyoming on
Q: I payed speeding ticket a month ago (from September) DOT will suspend my license if I don’t show up to court?

Received letter from WYDOTT dated June 10, 2021. It says my license will be suspended unless evidence of satisfactory compliance with terms of citation is received prior to the date of July 11, 2021. Does that mean I have to show up to court? Also ticket was issued to Fort Collins, CO and DOT... Read more »

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh answered on Jun 16, 2021

Without eyeballing the letter and the ticket, the most likely answer is that as long as you do not have a "court-required" ticket----which means you have to go to court----then you payment of the ticket should be all you need to do----the jurisdiction which receives payment will note that... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: On a H2B visa from south africa, can i eccept a permanent potition if offered one.

Must i marry my gf from my home country before applying for greencard? Who can i get into contact with?

Adan Vega
Adan Vega answered on May 9, 2021

You should visit with an experienced immigration attorney to assist you in exploring options for you. The attorney can assess if you are able to change status. The timing of your marriage can also be discussed including a permanent job offer.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Wyoming on
Q: I need to find a lawyer. I've got several lawsuits I need to file. A lawyer that would take me on contengebcy basis. Wyo

That was to say contengency. Several cases worth hundreds of thousands. Greedy people I trusted, need to sue realtors, property owners, business owners. Illegally took my businesses, inventory and rentals from me. All illegal. Huge list of ppl to sue a lot of money at stake ranging from county over... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 7, 2021

A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could continue to await a response, or at this point, seek out attorneys on your own. It could be difficult for an attorney to come forth to your request that you need an attorney - this is only a Q & A... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Wyoming on
Q: Im designing a shoe similar to another brand in design, but find no patents for ornamental design, how can this be?

I understand companies use tricky terminology to describe their patents, is there a way to search just footwear patents?

Liliana Di Nola-Baron
Liliana Di Nola-Baron answered on Dec 28, 2020

Many shoes are patented as utility patents rather than ornamental designs. I suggest you contact a patent attorney to assist you with your search.

Best regards,

Liliana Di Nola-Baron, J.D., Ph.D.

Attorney at Law




View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can my employer make me get a flue shot

Working for a mechanical contractor in cheyenne wy were doing a job for the va hospital they are trying to say we all need to get a flue shot and provide them with documentation I feel this is against my rights

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Oct 28, 2020

Your employer can require that you get a flu shot unless you are entitled to an exemption for sincerely-held religious beliefs or for medical reasons. If either of those reasons form the basis upon which you do not want to get a flu shot, you can ask to be exempt. You should reach out to an... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Estate Planning, Family Law and Public Benefits for Wyoming on
Q: Can a Wyoming Supreme Court decision regarding a family trust and will be appealed or overturned in any way?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 24, 2020

A Wyoming attorney could advise best here, but your question remains open for three weeks. Until you are able to consult with a local attorney, this is what the website of the Supreme Court of Wyoming says, which is public view to everyone, attorneys and non-attorneys alike:

The Supreme...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Civil Litigation and Land Use & Zoning for Wyoming on
Q: I have my mom's property that was not corrected to add half of a vacated street by the city I need help correcting this

City of Sheridan wy statue 15-4-305 says this and present owner is selling to new buyer

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Oct 1, 2020

Click on "Find a Lawyer" above and look for a real estate attorney in your area. This is definitely not a do it yourself project.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Wyoming on
Q: Faulty wiring when the owner rented to us
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 18, 2020

A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If the issue poses a fire or safety hazard, you could bring it to the attention of the owner and ask if they could address it in the form of an electrician bringing the deficiency up to code. Hopefully, you could... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.