Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Agricultural Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Alabama Agricultural Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Agricultural Law, Estate Planning and Probate for Alabama on
Q: Land given to me but not left in a will was sold off. Do I have rights to it since I've kept it up as mine since 2009?

Land has been in my family since the 60's, my grandmother was killed in 2019 and had given me a small section of land adjoining mine back in 2009, but she never updated her will to include it as said. Her house and property was sold off in 2021. Now my yard with my kids playset, etc which... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 2, 2023

If your grandmother gave you a piece of land, even if it was not included in her will, then legally you would have a claim to that land. However, if the property was sold without your knowledge or consent, you may need to take legal action to assert your rights to the property.

You may want...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law, Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Alabama on
Q: My neighbors have a lot of cows and they are out all the time. So i hit one so I am responsible?

We are on a busy highway and the cows get out all the time especially lately. I hit one the other night 2 were out. He knows they are always out how does he not have to pay for the damages. They are his they are not wild animals.

Hunter Garnett
Hunter Garnett
answered on Mar 22, 2023

Generally, farmers aren’t liable for personal injuries caused when their cows get out if they have proper fencing. However, there are occasionally exceptions. You should contact a lawyer, especially if you have serious personal injuries.

Here’s the statutes on this issue:

View More

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Agricultural Law, Animal / Dog Law and Civil Litigation for Alabama on
Q: Need a local Alabama lawyer to help sue dog food company and pet treat company that's product made my pets very ill
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 17, 2024

An Alabama attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. You could search for attorneys online and supplement your searches with the tab above, "Find a Lawyer." Local and state bar associations could also be a resource for locating attorneys within your area, Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Alabama on
Q: If someone is driving by my house blowing train horns repeatedly is it against the law and what can I do about it?

Someone who doesn’t like me comes by my house regularly and blows train horns that he has hooked up to his truck and recently spooked my horse. My horse ran into the side of our barn due to this. We’ve reported him to the police for running me off the road and harassment but they say there is... View More

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson
answered on Jan 19, 2022

You can look into if your city or county has a local noise ordinance, but if the police refuse to enforce it that may be a problem. You may want to call the city attorney or district attorney to discuss the matter.

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law for Alabama on
Q: In Alabama, is there any law stating that a Horse must have a shelter? if so, Is a tree(s) considered shelter?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 20, 2020

This is really something that attorneys in the Animal Law/Dog Law section would know best. But your post remains open for four weeks. You could try reposting there for better chances of the question being picked up. But I can't imagine any statute, however austere in nature, allowing a tree to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law, Car Accidents and Environmental for Alabama on
Q: Is it illegal to mow grass clippings into the road in alabama
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 2, 2019

As a general matter throughout the nation, some jurisdictions have local regulations/codes that treat such clippings as hazards to the public or to traffic. This is aside from any state and local environmental or sanitation regulations that might apply.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.