Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Alabama on
Q: How to file a complaint against a lawyer
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on Jun 24, 2014

If you want to file a complaint against a lawyer, contact the Center for Professional Responsibility.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Alabama on
Q: Do doctors have access to lawsuit case names before treating a patient?

My husband has been very sick for over one year. In trying to find the cause of the illness, doctors during the first visit talk as if they will help and give possible avenues to explore. But after this visit they shut us off as if they've never offered help.

William E. Scully Jr.
William E. Scully Jr. answered on May 9, 2014

Soooo....does this mean that you sued a doctor in the past? Law suits are public record. Doctors can view these records just like anybody else. I wouldn't get to paranoid, though. Doctors are human beings, believe it or not. And just like anybody else, they can be turned off on other people.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Alabama on
Q: How long do I have to file suit in a Medical Malpractice Case. Is it better to go out of your County for best results?
Mr. Joshua Benjamin Key
Mr. Joshua Benjamin Key answered on May 11, 2011

All actions against health care providers must be commenced within two years after the act or omission giving rise to the claim; provided, that if the cause of action is not discovered and could not reasonably have been discovered within the two-year period, then the action may be commenced within... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.