Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Idaho Appeals / Appellate Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Idaho on
Q: If my Husband is sentenced and is paying restitution can the other party file a civil claim and sue him?

He was involved in a car accident where there was a fatality and he was charged with vehicular manslaughter. he is currently in IDOCI Orofino and we have filed an appeal and everytime that I or someone else puts money on his commissary restitution is taken out 20% of the amount submitted. my... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 1, 2021

Your question has a couple of issues:

1. Restitution being taken out of his commissary money. This is probably per statute, so there is nothing that you can do about it. Your husband will get out some day and will hopefully have a little, less, restitution that he has to pay, because...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Insurance Defense for Idaho on
Q: I am having major issues with the idaho dol And am looking for representation. How do I get representation?

No one responds. No one will help. There are hundreds that that need help and no one gets back to us.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 25, 2021

An Idaho attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal - one option could be to search for attorneys online, or you could use the Find-a-Lawyer tab above. Your post covers a number of different categories, but you mention the Department... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Idaho on
Q: Idaho law regarding appeals
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Apr 1, 2021

An Idaho attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. Don't lose any more time waiting for a response. Reach out to attorneys without further delay. Nationwide, the timetables for filing appeals tend to be short, within the order of days. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Appeals / Appellate Law for Idaho on
Q: My boyfriend's now ex wife filed for divorce and it was granted without him even knowing that she had filed.

He got the paperwork in the mail today and on the debts part it says he has to pay $2000 for their old apartment that he moved out of, and informed the landlord, before she moved out. Is he able to appeal because he also wants some of his belongings she refuses to give back as well and it... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Mar 9, 2020

In Idaho, it is not typical but certainly possible for her to have gotten a divorce without him knowing. Many times a woman may file and not know his whereabouts (or she swore under oath) at the time that she didn't. If she seriously DID know where he lived but lied about it then that is... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Idaho on
Q: I need to help my 22 yr old son file a rule 35 by October 23rd and cannot find the forms or which ones to use and how

In idaho we just want sentence modification

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 15, 2018

Your son's name

Address & Phone Number



STATE OF IDAHO, ) Case No. ________________


Plaintiff, )...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Idaho on
Q: A person lied under oath and I have legal documents to prove it. Can their testimony be thrown out/and/or a new trial?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 24, 2015

The time to challenge the testimony through rigorous cross examination by a seasoned attorney has come and gone.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.