Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Delaware Securities Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Delaware on

Q: What does not filed unsecured means

Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 21, 2015

Hard to answer without knowing the context of the situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Delaware on

Q: We had a probate lawyer from Delaware to help us claim stock, in2008. They now want us to pay fees. Is this legal?

Charles Snyderman answered on May 5, 2014

It's tough to answer your question without more information. Did you have a fee agreement with the lawyer? Were you previously billed by this lawyer? When did the lawyer's services end? When was the Estate closed?

Without answers to these questions, my advice would be to write a letter to...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Delaware on

Q: Does Delaware allow for non-voting Directors on the Board?

Sec 141(d) of the corp code uses the phrase "less than 1 vote" for Directors with varying voting rights. Does this imply that a zero vote is an option?

Charles Snyderman answered on Feb 1, 2013

Yes, For example, there can be an advisory director or an honorary director.

1 Answer | Asked in Securities Law for Delaware on

Q: General Question. When a case is transfered from one district court to another, is it listed as newly filed?

Charles Snyderman answered on Feb 1, 2013

Please explain the context in which you are asking this question. If it's merely for academic reasons, you might try calling the Clerk of the federal district court the case is being transferred to.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.