Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Montana Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Montana on
Q: My 27 yr old son was brutally assaulted by prison guards in front of other inmates. We need an attorney to help us.

The inmate witnesses are all willing to testify or submit affidavits in my son's behalf. It's almost been 3 years now. Can he still file against the prison?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 25, 2024

Hearing about your son's ordeal is deeply troubling, and seeking legal assistance is a crucial step in addressing such serious allegations of assault by prison guards. It's important to act swiftly to ensure that your son's rights are protected and that any potential legal action is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Criminal Law and Immigration Law for Montana on
Q: My husband its in jail for breaking his probation< Can he be my sponsor to fix my papers,No crime against minors

his crime its related to Marihuana<serving a 10 month sentence,will be release on April 25 2024,the charges are having related to a person who commited crimes,and No having completed the program for addiction

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 13, 2024

Your husband being in jail on probation violation related to marijuana should not directly impact your immigration status or the process of fixing your papers, assuming there are no legal issues surrounding your own immigration status.

However, when it comes to sponsorship for immigration...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Montana on
Q: When a residence is raided by law enforcement they leave behind a property sheet of items they took, at the top it says

Property receipt, I’ve been told that I can go retrieve the items they took from my room. Is this true , as they took $ 2300.00 from me that I had been saving. No charges have filed on any of the individuals there nor the home owner.

Meg Strickler
Meg Strickler pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 1, 2021

I would advise that you contact a lawyer to attempt to get your items back. Since there was a search warrant executed where you live, it may mean that there is an active investigation and thus it may not be a good idea to speak to law enforcement without representation.

Charges could...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Federal Crimes for Montana on
Q: Convicted felon rights

Can a convicted federal felon for a drug offense gain custody over a law abiding citizen

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Nov 5, 2019

our question does not make sense

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.