Idaho Juvenile Law Questions & Answers

Q: Is it ok for the judge to say "well what do you want me to do hes a danger to himself the community hes a meth head."

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Answered on Jun 21, 2018
Kevin M Rogers' answer
A judge has a lot of latitude to say what he feels will impact someone he is speaking to or sentencing or ruling on a request for ROR or lowered bond etc. Judges have an ethical duty to be courteous and to treat every person who comes before the court with dignity.

It sounds from your question as if the court is actually speaking to the parents? of the youth?

As far as filing a complaint,...

Q: I want to move to idaho, but I have a juvenile sex case that I successfully completed. Am I required to register there?

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Answered on May 15, 2018
Kevin M Rogers' answer

I am having to assume that your "juvenile sex case" is a register(able) offense, were it an adult offense. Your question stresses "that I successfully completed." Do you mean by this that you completed juvenile probation? Or, perhaps that you were granted a Withheld Judgment or a Diversion? Were you prosecuted as an adult or juvenile? What state were you prosecuted in? If you would like me to answer your question please provide a bit more specificity to your question.

Q: Can I sue my mom for not paying me money she owes me?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Social Security for Idaho on
Answered on Dec 20, 2017
F. Anthony Bullock's answer
Courts in most states would construe such an arrangement as a gratuitous promise, unsupported by consideration, and therefore unenforceable at law. In short if you attempted to engage in litigation to recover the requested sum it is unlikely that you will be successful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.