Indiana Gaming Questions & Answers

Q: As a 3rd-party representative, do I have any legal right to enforce copyright of the company's IP which I represent?

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Gaming, Intellectual Property and Internet Law for Indiana on
Answered on Jan 24, 2019
Griffin Klema's answer
Probably not, unless your license agreement expressly allows you the right to enforce, or you are the exclusive licensee. Oftentimes the intellectual property owner retains the right to enforce or license the IP to others (non-exclusive license), though sometimes there is contractual language that allows a non-exclusive licensee to take certain enforcement action or give the licensee certain benefits for the owner's lack of enforcement. For example, sometimes a license agreement may allow the...

Q: Are any game mechanics from the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading card game patented?

1 Answer | Asked in Gaming, Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Indiana on
Answered on Jan 2, 2019
Peter D. Mlynek's answer
Well, I think that you are correct in worrying about Konami's intellectual property. As far as patents go, Konami has over 1100 patents on various gaming devices and methods. I imagine that some of them cover Yu-Gi-Oh!

I don't know which patents cover Yu-Gi-Oh!, but the patent numbers should be printed on the game or its container. If you do not see them there (they should be there), look at their website.

Aside from patents, you should also consider their trademarks (I...

Q: I have to warrants for missing court for driving while suspended they are from 2016 can I get them lifted my job said

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Gaming for Indiana on
Answered on Dec 6, 2018
Andrew L. Bennett's answer
Having the warrants recalled (lifted) really depends on the court. However, it is very unlikely a court will recall the warrants without you having an attorney. If you go to the court to ask you will be taken into custody. Hire an attorney who is familiar with the court system where your warrants are and go from there. Also is your driving privilege reinstated or are you still suspended?

Q: My mom has dogs and they peed on my game systems and it fried them I was wanting to know if I could press charges on her

2 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Gaming for Indiana on
Answered on Sep 22, 2018
T. J. Jesky's answer
First, you cannot "press charges," only the local prosecutor can "press charges." You do have a civil case of "conversion" against the dogs. However, that is not going to help you very much. There is no question that you are upset; however, you have few legal options. The legal costs to pursue this matter far out-weigh the cost of game system. Let me suggest you work this out with your mother.

Q: Can my 12 yr old brother get in trouble with the authorities for stealing hundreds of dollars off of someone's account?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gaming and Juvenile Law for Indiana on
Answered on May 7, 2018
Andrew L. Bennett's answer
Yes he can and it a police report has already been made will likely be prosecuted in the juvenile court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.