Indiana Public Benefits Questions & Answers

Q: Need help figuring out 401k distribution options ( separated from work age 55)?

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law and Public Benefits for Indiana on
Answered on Jun 9, 2018
Eric Steven Day's answer
It just depends on what type of work you are doing now. For instance, if you are working for another company, you might roll it into their 401k plan. If you are in retirement, the IRA might be a good option because you are just waiting on distributions. If you are running your own business, you may consider starting a management company in the form of a C Corporation and sponsoring a solo 401k with that Corporation. This will allow you to contribute much more money and use the capital in...

Q: Where do I get the waiver form to fill out for my Indiana license reinstatement?

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts, Public Benefits and Traffic Tickets for Indiana on
Answered on Dec 6, 2017
Andrew L. Bennett's answer
If you have not yet gotten your reinstatement fees waived you can go online to and find the information and the forms. If you do not have a computer, then consider the public library.

Q: How do I find a lawyer who can help write a memorandum of law

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Indiana on
Answered on May 20, 2017
Paul Stanko's answer
If legal aid is too busy to help you in time, your only option is to find a lawyer willing to help you at a cost you can afford and in time. You will just have to call around.

Q: Does drawing out your 401 count against your unemployment

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Indiana on
Answered on Jul 21, 2011
Burton A. Padove's answer
the answer depends in part on how much your employer contributed. Bottomline, is there may be a small impact.

Q: Can i still get ssi survivors benefits if re-married

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Indiana on
Answered on Jul 21, 2011
Burton A. Padove's answer
no issue if you are over 60.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.