Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Juvenile Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Idaho Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Q: how can i get emancipated in idaho legally without marriage at 17 after parents abuse me

I am a 16 year old in Idaho who is planning to get emancipated in the next year due to constant abuse throughout my life. I cannot get married or join the military. I am going to plan all I need and then ask for consent from my parents if they say no I'll take them to court.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 3, 2024

To get emancipated in Idaho, you'll need to prove to the court that you can support yourself financially and that emancipation is in your best interest. First, gather evidence of the abuse and any documentation that shows you are capable of living independently. This might include a job, a... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Q: Is it legal for an adult aunt to share a bedroom with her teenage niece. We have been told that it is illegal
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Oct 12, 2021

There is no Idaho criminal law prohibiting an adult female from sharing a bedroom with a family member.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Q: My daughter is 16 her boyfriend is 21 and her dad let him move in with them is this illegal? Can her dad get in trouble

Can his new 25 year old girlfriend get in trouble as well ? They both allow it even tho it's illegal in idaho

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Sep 3, 2021

Your daughter is too young to have sex with a 21 year old man, period. IF the father permits them to live together, as "house mates," no foul. If the father allows them to sleep in the same bed, that is illegal and NO the girlfriend has NO liability, because she has NO rights to your... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Q: My daughter is 15. Her dad has always had her and now she wants to live with me but he wont let her. What do i do

She lives in NC and me in Idaho

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Jul 16, 2020

You need to go to NC, establish residency and file a Petition for Modification with the court and ask the court to give you the right to take your daughter to Idaho. You have NO right to file anything in Idaho at this point.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Q: Is it ok for the judge to say "well what do you want me to do hes a danger to himself the community hes a meth head."

He is 16 yrs oldHe did not test dirty when he was arrested but has prior.can and how do i go about filing a complaint?

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on Jun 21, 2018

A judge has a lot of latitude to say what he feels will impact someone he is speaking to or sentencing or ruling on a request for ROR or lowered bond etc. Judges have an ethical duty to be courteous and to treat every person who comes before the court with dignity.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Idaho on
Q: I want to move to idaho, but I have a juvenile sex case that I successfully completed. Am I required to register there?
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
answered on May 15, 2018


I am having to assume that your "juvenile sex case" is a register(able) offense, were it an adult offense. Your question stresses "that I successfully completed." Do you mean by this that you completed juvenile probation? Or, perhaps that you were granted a...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law, Juvenile Law and Social Security for Idaho on
Q: Can I sue my mom for not paying me money she owes me?

I am 17. Roughly two years ago when my baby sister was first born, my mother agreed to pay me $20 every time she was gone more than two hours and I had to watch the baby. Well, she now owes me over $600 and there has been multiple instances where she has left me overnight alone with my 5 younger... View More

F. Anthony Bullock
F. Anthony Bullock
answered on Dec 20, 2017

Courts in most states would construe such an arrangement as a gratuitous promise, unsupported by consideration, and therefore unenforceable at law. In short if you attempted to engage in litigation to recover the requested sum it is unlikely that you will be successful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.