Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Legal Malpractice for Utah on
Q: what can i do about being billed for a court appearance that my lawyer did not attend?

we hired an attorney to write three amendments to a living trust. my mother was on her death bed and the attorney was out of town so he instructed us to see his paralegal and give her the instructions and he would meet with us at 8:30 am the following tuesday for her to sign the papers and then he... Read more »

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor answered on May 15, 2020

I am not sure I understand the question. This is a strange happening indeed. I am sorry for your loss. Trust amendments are not typically filed in court. In addition, in the creation/modification of a trust there usually isn't court appearance either unless it was an irrevocable trust and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Utah on
Q: How is this even legal .. and why doesn't everyone know this .. what the hell is really going on? Everything is a lie..

I just want truth. This is man made and patenend to be what be biowarfare

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor answered on Mar 30, 2020

I do not see a question.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for Utah on
Q: Don't you have to be a felon to be a restricted person? Or have mental illness? Or have some conviction for violence?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 9, 2019

You could additionally post this in the Criminal Law section. Criminal law attorneys would be able to provide more meaningful input on the issues mentioned here than personal injury attorneys would.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Legal Malpractice and Small Claims for Utah on
Q: Can I take legal action against a pawn shop that gave me false information?

I paid $1000 for a diamond wedding ring from Zales. We were in a desperate situation and needed cash fast. We looked into Pawning the ring but they said it was only worth $100 and that they could only sell it for $300 at most. They told us we were lied to about the value from where it was... Read more »

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor answered on Jun 30, 2017


First off, let me say I am sorry for the situation. This can be extremely frustrating especially if there is sentimental value attached to the item.

I am assuming you sold the ring rather than pawned it (you got a loan from them using the ring as collateral). If that is the...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Utah on
Q: what can i sue a lawyer for if he added in false provisions to a mediation agreement and gave us a false copy?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 25, 2015

Hard to say without knowing more. Talk to an injury lawyer who handles legal malpractice cases. Also, the Utah State Bar would probably be interested in this.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.