Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Minnesota on
Q: I recently got reinstated after failure to send in my insurance information I got revoked. I thought everything was good

Then I get pulled over and find out I am suspended for no insurance. It was supposed to go to court and then Court got cancelled and I was never informed of any date they rescheduled it for so now I am suspended after being reinstated after revocation. Can I fight this somehow. ???

William Bailey
William Bailey answered on Aug 11, 2020

There are certainly ways to fight this. I recently helped a client in a similar situation and we were able to have cases dismissed and avoid convictions on the others due to the confusion. It would be wise to have a lawyer help you with this.

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Traffic Tickets for Minnesota on
Q: receive no insurance ticket in Minnesota, on probation for dui currently should I fight it?
William Bailey
William Bailey answered on Feb 1, 2020

A common condition of probation for a DWI is that you not have any driver’s license or insurance violations. This ticket could result in a probation violation. I recommend having an attorney assist you to minimize the consequences of this ticket.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Minnesota on
Q: I was involved in an accident in which I was at fault, while driving someone else's car. How can I take responsibility?

The owner of the car was not present during the accident. I was driving. The owner's rates have gone up because of this and I have now heard that she is at risk of being sued. I want to do the right thing and take the responsibility away from her and on to myself.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 22, 2016

The insurance of the car you were in automatically covers the case, so nothing you can do there. They will provide her with defense if she is sued. Normally you would be sued. She is only at fault if she knew in advance you weren't a good driver.

So she is not personally liable. She...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Minnesota on
Q: Do i have to pay half of my daughter's health insurance if she is over 18 and not enrolled in college?

She had graduated from high school, and not enrolled in a post secondary school at this time.

Kristen Bullock
Kristen Bullock answered on Jul 10, 2014

Parents are not obligated to support their children (not including adult, disabled children) after they turn 18.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.