Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Internet Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Business Law and Internet Law for Nebraska on
Q: i have been defrauded by a contractor , how do get him prosecuted, as even when i win in small claims he won't have pay

i have a signed contract to paint my house w/$2850 down in 11/28/18 in 7/29/19 in the witness of a police officer he refused to even"Start"

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Nov 18, 2019

If you have been defrauded by a contractor, you should contact the non-emergency law enforcement phone number and file a police report and/or contact the county attorney's office to report the crime. They will likely want supporting documentation of the fraud, so you will want to provide a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Nebraska on
Q: Can I sue who hacked into my Google account and stole my personal photos and made copies without my permission
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Nov 18, 2019

You can sue someone for invasion of privacy and also for stealing your property (even digital property). What you would likely be awarded in damages depends on the damages you can prove.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law, Criminal Law and International Law for Nebraska on
Q: I was told about a questioning for something i was falsely accused of. Can UK police reports be brought to the US?

Can UK police reports be sent to the US?

Brendan Michael Kelly
Brendan Michael Kelly answered on Jul 24, 2017

Yes, it happens all the time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.