Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Social Security Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Nebraska on
Q: Does Social Security Disability pay for an assisted living facility or a nursing home?

Eighty year old mother has been newly diagnosed with muscular distrophy. She is currently collecting social security in retirement (worked until age 75). Is she eligible for Social Security Disability and, if so, does Social Security Disability pay for an assisted living facility or a nursing... Read more »

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Dec 8, 2020

Social Security Disability (SSD) gets replaced by normal social security at retirement around age 65. So your mother will not qualify for SSD.

Your mother likely qualifies for Medicare. If so, they will pay some or all of the costs of assisted living.

Talk to your state benefits...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Social Security for Nebraska on
Q: Where can I find the money my father left me when he died? I'm 18 and was told it had to be claimed before I tuned 18
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Oct 14, 2020

How to track this down depends on what what type of funds you believe were left to you. For example, life insurance proceeds are transferred in a different manner than cash in a bank account. If you believe there may be social security dependent benefits owed to you, you may want to go to your... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Nebraska on
Q: my power of attorney has taking money and spent that on themselves while I was incarnation
Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Oct 14, 2020

Your state should have an office of Adult Protection Services. Call the local police and ask for the phone number. Adult protection services will investigate your situation.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Social Security and Civil Rights for Nebraska on
Q: In a applicaton to proceed in forma pauperis is funds received from social security exempt from used in reaching the dec

from reaching the decision in the Motion

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Feb 24, 2020

No. Some people receive significant Social Security retirement or disability benefits that may be enough alone to not qualify as indigent depending on the overall facts of the case.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Nebraska on
Q: is there a court that issues court orders for a social security number change due to domestic volence
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler answered on Aug 8, 2019

It is possible to apply for a new social security number. One ground to qualify may be if there is a situation of harassment, abuse or life endangerment. You need to complete an application with your local Social Security office and apply in person at your local Social Security office. The... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Immigration Law, Civil Rights and Social Security for Nebraska on
Q: I can't prove that I was born in the U.S... Help.

How can I prove my U.S citizenship when I have no birth certificate, SSN, school records, And even medical and dental records?

Because I am 17 years old. And I plan on going to job corps for awhile... I need a birth certificate and a SSN... (Kinda rushed on time... SOOO I kinda wrote this... Read more »

Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts answered on Jul 14, 2016


This matter is better handled privately, there is a possibility for a FOIA in your situation. Consult with an immigration attorney in private to handle this problem. If you would like a free consultation feel free to contact my office (323-803-7147).

All the best....
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.