Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Oregon Uncategorized Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: Is it legal for my adult sons Apartment manager to require him to provide his Checking account number?

I'm his Payee and I keep his funds. It seems to me the letter he gets from social security every month verifying his benefits would be enough.

Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Mar 25, 2016

I do not see anything in the statutes that prohibit it.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: What is Oregon statues for charging someone with delivery of meth

My house was raided and I was not there then I was charged later with pcs meth and docs meth. There was a controlled buy intended for someone else and my two roommates that said I sold to them

Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Mar 21, 2016

ORS § 475.890. Best not to post anything else online and consult with a criminal law attorney ASAP.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: what is a Oregon Statue

can I sell the house without being on the deed

Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Mar 16, 2016

An Oregon statue is a three-dimensional work of art located in the state of Oregon. An Oregon Statute is a law passed by the legislature, abbreviated ORS. As to your other question, sort of. You could sell it, but it would have no real legal affect and leave you open to a variety of issues. Plus,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: Ex forged my signature on a vehicle that was in my name & transfered ownership. What do I do?

This happened April 2014. He said he would kill me if I reported it.

It was an abusive relationship. I only have some recordings to prove that, but he does admit to forging my signature and hitting. I had to move to another state for safety, is there anything I could do now?

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 6, 2015

Go have a full discussion about this with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: My bf is being accused of driving while revoked. Hit and run and reckless driving. He knows who driver was but didn't tl

Tell. Driver wants to send in letter admitting to be driver. Will charges be dropped?

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 4, 2015

Your boyfriend cannot circumvent the necessity of hiring a private attorney by you asking a question on the internet. I hope things turned out well for him.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: what does evidence that you obtain full access to US abode mean ?

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 12, 2015

How can we possibly answer this question without knowing all the facts and circumstances?

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Oregon on

Q: Why is my husband being denied a lawyer?

My husband abscounded from parole 20 years ago because his life was in danger and the parole officer would do nothing. He moved to the next county and never got into trouble and turned self in and he is very sick. He was given a 60 day jail time for 1st sanction. They are having a hearing but when... Read more »

Matthew Abts answered on Apr 2, 2012

Dear Questioner,

This is not my specialty area, so I'm only going to give you a general understanding of some legal basics. You should call the Oregon Star Bar modest means programs for a referral to an affordable attorney (link below).

Unfortunately there is a difference between...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.