Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Entertainment / Sports for Pennsylvania on
Q: I want to create a Subsidiary under my current LLC. Do I create the Subsidiary as a new company with a separate ein?
Michael Cherewka
Michael Cherewka
answered on Jan 16, 2022

This question is far to general for a forum like this. You should meet with your attorney and your CPA to discuss why you are creating a new company, and also whether it should be a subsidiary of your current LLC. Also depends on the tax status of your current LLC

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports and Gaming for Pennsylvania on
Q: I am looking to take money from outside investors and bet on sports based on an algorithm I created. Is it legal in PA?

There is a law in Nevada that allows this type of business model, however I am located in PA and was wondering if there was a way to make this work from here. I would receive money from investors, and place bets strictly off of my algorithm with no input whatsoever from the investors. I would... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 22, 2019

You need to contact a business attorney as you will need paperwork to cover you in regard to claims from the investors. Anyone can give anyone else money to gamble with--that's not a violation. However you need to have disclaimers and it's not something you'd want to do off the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports for Pennsylvania on
Q: If someone breaks my leg and I was suppose to join the NBA can I sue them for what I would have made in the NBA

If I were just drafted into the NBA and someone breaks my leg on purpose, Can I sue them for having ruined my career For the money I would have made had I gone to the NBA?

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Oct 9, 2019

If you were drafted, then you have an agent and I am sure an attorney.

You should be discussing all this with them, if you are forthright.

Your agent would lose a lot of money if you do not fulfill your contract. An agent would have ALREADY discussed this issue with you

2 Answers | Asked in Entertainment / Sports, Communications Law and Libel & Slander for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can you tell a true story on a podcast, change names and locations and it be legal? Can a teacher do this?

Is this libel if names are not used and locations are not mentioned? What defines Libel?

Jennifer Price
Jennifer Price
answered on Apr 19, 2018

As an initial matter, libel consists of the written word, whereas slander is the spoken word. Whether its' libel or slander, they require the information to be false. The defense to a libel or slander lawsuit is the truth. To answer your other question, yes, you can tell stories of people by... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Entertainment / Sports for Pennsylvania on
Q: I want to start a gospel record label. Should it be llc. or 501c?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 1, 2017

You need to have a cpa advise you. At the initial stage it may not matter much. Consulting a copyright attorney would be a good thing too.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Entertainment / Sports for Pennsylvania on
Q: Under the new Pennsylvania act 15 can i referee kids games with having a felony 3 theft on my record nonviolent
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Sep 14, 2015

Go to a local criminal defense attorney for a full discussion of the issues and the specific legal advice that you need.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.