Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Public Benefits Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Public Benefits for Minnesota on
Q: Is there a lawyer willing to help me sue a hotel after I was violently robbed and beaten

I had no phone in my hotel room to call 911 and the doors were broken and hotel was really understaffed

Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
answered on Sep 21, 2022

You probably have a decent case. Your case would be stronger if you did not know the attackers. When did this happen? There is a statute of limitations that applies to these types of cases.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Public Benefits for Minnesota on
Q: After winning my appeal and granted a new trial the district attorney didn't pursue charges am I entitled to compensatio
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
answered on Oct 21, 2020

Ordinarily, NO. But you can pursue that with the State's Attorneys office.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Public Benefits for Minnesota on
Q: I'm going to be charged with felony wrongfully abstaining public assistance due to not reporting earned income /55000

Will I have jail time no previous thefts I am employed and own a house for 16 years need legal advice

Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
answered on Nov 28, 2018

Executed jail time is unlikely for a first-time offender convicted of a low-dollar value theft crime. If it did happen, it would likely be short time. It can help in these cases to pay the money back, though it's best to do that through your attorney. Avoid making any statements or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Minnesota on
Q: Do I have to pay back?

Hi, I am in a situation where I have to pay back $1,646.00 back to food stamps. My husband work 2 jobs, i only work one job. They stated that they did not receive my husband's second job pay stubs. They only put in as my husband working one job. So we had $230 worth of food stamps. My 6... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 29, 2015

Have you read all of the fine print of all the things you signed when you applied for food stamps? I will be that there is a clause that says that if they make a mistake and they give you too many food stamps, you have to reimburse them. It is certainly better to pay them back than to have criminal... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.