Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Rhode Island DUI / DWI Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: If there was any way I wanted to find an arrest record on my father how would I go about doing that?

I know he kidnapped me, and I would like the record of that, but I also know he was arrested for something regarding a machete and I would like to either be able to read it or something.... possibly to get another restraining order but not sure yet. He contacted me after a while because I sent him... Read more »

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on May 15, 2020

Contact a lawyer to assist you. They have access to court documents. It sounds like you could benefit from some advocacy and professional assistance.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: Can i get a 2nd Dui offence dismissed under the 32 section for people who suffer depression and ptsd anxiety?
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Nov 21, 2019

It's doubtful. Hire an attorney to help you discern any other, more viable, defenses after a confidential meeting to review all of the facts.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI, Employment Discrimination, Copyright and Internet Law for Rhode Island on
Q: Webmaster of local news website declined to remove an article on my DUI charge. May I work with arresting officers?
Daniel P Leavitt
Daniel P Leavitt answered on Oct 16, 2018

What do you mean when you ask if you may work with arresting officers?

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: What's the quickest way to drop a DUI charge in RI?
Allison Abilheira
Allison Abilheira answered on Nov 23, 2017

There is no “quick” way to drop a dui. Dui’s are very technical and should be reviewed by an experienced attorney, who can evaluate your options.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: Do I have a right to have my lawyer present during a blood-alcohol test?
William C. Head
William C. Head answered on Aug 3, 2017

NO. Police follow an old U S Supreme Court case, Schmerber, that says officers need not delay for such things, for an implied consent test, due to the evanescent nature of alcohol being processed by the human body.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: two prior dui offenses in new york from 2002&3. Was over 21 at both times. 2015 arrested in massachusetts. Fail breath?

Will this count as third offense. I know of the lifetime lookback...can the rmv suspend my license for 8 years?

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Dec 10, 2015

I would recommend you retain an attorney to assist you in negotiating the best disposition you can as the penalties increase based on subsequent offenses.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: How do i get to speak to a representative in the state of R.I. , and not a automative machine? Tryin 2 reinstate in MO.

I have even hired a MO lawyer, and even he can not get thru to speak w/ a RI rep. Who can i get in touch with in Cranston RI, so that i can resolve this on going red flag that i have

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford answered on Dec 9, 2014

At times the voice mail system is a difficult maze.

Suspension Information by Mail

If you cannot appear in person at Operator Control for information regarding your license or registration, you may leave a message listing your name, date of birth, address, license number, as well as...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Rhode Island on
Q: Got charged dui first time never been in trouble never even had parking ticket never been in a courtroom can i beat it
Mr. Jose Carmelo Masso IV
Mr. Jose Carmelo Masso IV answered on Oct 19, 2012

The merits of your case and your ability to "beat" the charge depends entirely on the specific facts of your case. It is unlikely anyone on the internet can give you any advice in this regard without additional information, which you should not share online. The only sure way... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.