Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Rhode Island Health Care Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Rhode Island on

Q: What type of lawyer do I contact for negligence or fraud when dealing with Healthsource RI, and how do I go about it?

Neville Bedford answered on Jan 29, 2018

Look at the directory here and choose one. Then contact them to arrange a meeting with your evidence. They may ask for a retainer for the costs of their time.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Health Care Law for Rhode Island on

Q: Is there a Law in Rhode Island against Counselors sexually abusing their clients?

Neville Bedford answered on Jun 8, 2017

Yes, this is strictly prohibited.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections and Health Care Law for Rhode Island on

Q: My mother inlaw was in a nursing home for two week hospice paid first five day the she was denied Medicare she die on

1/2/2016 are we responsible for her bill at the nursing home we live in Rhode Island

Neville Bedford answered on Mar 16, 2016

Sorry for your loss. If you signed a guarantee for her medical costs, you may be contractually obliged to pay.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Rhode Island on

Q: I just received a bill for an MRI I had on 11/5/08. I already pd $564.01 on 3/6/09. Can they bill me 26 months later?

I paid the paid when they initially sent it to me. How can I get another bill over 2 years later? Is this legal? Is there a limit on how long they can bill someone? I thought it was all set a long time ago. I have "A" credit and have always paid my bills on time.

Neville Bedford answered on Jan 24, 2013

Send the creditor proof of the prior payment and that should resolve the matter.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Rhode Island on

Q: When living in a group home for mentally ill when they go to hospital who recieves the medical records

Neville Bedford answered on Jan 24, 2013

Medical records may be requested by the patient, their guardian, or treating providers.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Rhode Island on

Q: As a psychologst in RI, how do I respond to a subpoena for mental health records requested by lawyers opposing my client

Neville Bedford answered on Jan 24, 2013

Your practice group will likely have attorneys retained to file the appropriate motions to ensure you comport with HIPPA regulations. If you do not have a practice group with counsel of record, consult with a local attorney who may assist you in filing the proper motions and following procedure of... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.