Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Stockbroker Fraud legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Utah Stockbroker Fraud Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Tax Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Utah on
Q: Law suit or cash payment..HELOC check acceptable?

My boyfriend wanted to help me invest my portfolio. I gave him access but with stipulations that we were to talk about each position and I would okay them. I also told him I did not want to lose more than 2500$ of the original 10 k we talked about. He was to always put stops or trailing stops to... View More

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
answered on Apr 7, 2020

He basically gave you a gift. Don't worry about taxes. Gifts are not taxed. You do not need to worry about taxes.


1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud, Criminal Law, Identity Theft and White Collar Crime for Utah on
Q: Statues for check fraud in utah
Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer
answered on Nov 6, 2017

Generally four years if you have been in state for the intire 4 years.

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Utah on
Q: I received an offer through an out of state broker to lease my building. I had no prior listing with anyone.

Will I owe him a commision. There was no discussion, when he made calls. He obviously is working on behalf of the prospective tenant. I do not think he is licensed in Utah

Lincoln W. Hobbs
Lincoln W. Hobbs
answered on Aug 17, 2016

Assuming you only spoke by phone and did not agree to pay a commission, no commission would be owed. He may seek to recover under an equitable theory, if he produced a lessee to whom you leased, but it is unlikely he could recover.

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Utah on
Q: I paid for public stock and never received it. What should we do?
Zaven Andranik Sargsian
Zaven Andranik Sargsian
answered on Dec 9, 2013

This is a situation where you should indeed speak with a lawyer in Salt Lake City, or wherever you are located. A few things, however, are not clear about your situation: firstly, when you state "public stock," do you mean you purchased shares of a publicly traded corporation? Also,... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.