Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Criminal Law for Washington on
Q: Is marijuana in a recreationally legal state considered illegal if probation states no illegal drugs allowed?

I moved here on an interstate compact from Oklahoma to Washington. My stipulations on probation state no controlled substances without prescription or illegal drugs. Since marijuana is recreationally legal in this state and my stipulations aren't specific, only typical rules for anyone on... View More

Aaron A. Pelley
Aaron A. Pelley
answered on May 7, 2023

Short answer, no. Unfortunately, the legislature has specifically decided that people who have committed crimes do not deserve one of the safest drugs that is available for treating a number of medical conditions. The provision for medical cannabis specifically calls it out by saying, "... View More

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Car Accidents for Washington on
Q: Can an opposing party sue my family if I where to get into an accident because I have THC in my system?

I am 18 and have my medical marijuana card. I live in the state Washington. My parents claim that if I were to get into an accident since I would have THC in my system the opposing party could sue my family. Keep in mind I never drive under the influence. I am under there car insurance as well. Is... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 19, 2021

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you are able to consult with a local attorney for the most accurate state rules, in many jurisdictions, the claimant will usually go after the vehicle operator and the owner. Those two parties are generally... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Washington on
Q: Do I need a special type of business license to sell growing equipment to the marijuana growers?

The WA state website does not specifiy, and I cannot find this answer *anywhere*. I've no desire to touch, buy, or sell marijuana. I want to start a website that sells the equipment to grow it, though. Hydroponics, LED lights, blah, blah.

Aaron A. Pelley
Aaron A. Pelley
answered on Jun 5, 2020

Most states do not require a specific license, except a business license (and perhaps City license) to work in the areas you have described. However, as ridiculous as it sounds, you are still subject to Federal Prosecution, as those who sell certain precursor chemicals, specialized equipment, or... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.