Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
West Virginia Business Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Health Care Law for West Virginia on
Q: Doctors office is trying to enforce a 3 strike policy with missing appointments

Doctors office is trying to enforce a 3 strike policy with missing appointments where you will not be allowed to speak treatment there. Just tried to reschedule my appointment because after driving around for 20 minutes in 3 different parking lots including a garage there were not spots a... View More

Matthew Stapleton
Matthew Stapleton
answered on May 23, 2023

Physicians have the right to end the Patient Physician relationship. The only time there me be a legal issue is for patient abandonment where a patient must prove that the physician ended the relationship at a critical stage in the patient’s treatment without good reason or sufficient notice to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Business Law for West Virginia on
Q: this is a question about online shopping. I put an item in my cart and continued to shop the sale on the website.

i did not leave the website and was continuing to shop the sale for 20 minutes or so. when i went to pay for the item in question, the system stated the item was no longer available. they sold it out from under me even though i had placed the item in my cart. this is akin to being in a store with... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Feb 10, 2020

There doesn't seem to be anything illegal about this. It isn't against the law to operate an online shopping website where inventory isn't well coordinated with shopping carts of customers. It isn't a good business practice, but it shouldn't be against the law, unless... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Formation, Business Law and Civil Litigation for West Virginia on
Q: Issue with electric provider

My electric provider states that I added the incorrect payment information and therefore is denying me the ability to correct my incorrect payment information, will not allow me to pay by phone, and is only giving me the option of paying in person. Do I have any legal recourse? Also there is a... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 6, 2019

I'm sorry for your ordeal with your electric bill. The Public Service Commission of West Virginia oversees public utilities - electric, gas, water, etc. Maybe you could contact them and ask if there is anything they could do to help.

Their website is:
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.