Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama White Collar Crime Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and White Collar Crime for Alabama on
Q: If my codefendant gets a better plea offer than I do an I have clean record not a felon an my codefendant has a record

But he got the better plea offer than me on intent with distribute case an it was his car an not mine plus I never seen any drugs or held any drugs what so ever. Why would he get better plea deal I have clean record he don't. Does that mean he blamed most likely

Joseph Abrams
Joseph Abrams answered on Aug 5, 2021

Plea agreements among codefendants are negotiated separately so they may not be all the same. However, most prosecutors will attempt to treat similarly-situated codefendants in a similar manner. It's difficult to say why your deal is different from the codefendant, but the skill of the defense... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and White Collar Crime for Alabama on
Q: When can you file a motion to suppress evidence my case been going on 3 yrs now. Also never gave permission to search

The car I just started driving like 10 minutes prior to me getting pulled over. I told them no 3 times

Joseph Abrams
Joseph Abrams answered on Aug 5, 2021

Generally, a motion to suppress can be filed any time during the pretrial/motion/discovery phase of the case, subject to any specific rules or requirements ret by the court.

- Law Office of Joseph Abrams, Anaheim, CA

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Divorce and White Collar Crime for Alabama on
Q: My case has been posted for over 25 years. How long do I have to put up with this?
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field answered on Jun 29, 2020

What do you mean posted? And what is the charge? Some crimes have no statute of limitations. Have you ever been served with a warrant? It’s possible to have the warrant recalled after that long. We need more details in order to advise you better.

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime, Estate Planning, Securities Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Alabama on
Q: I am looking for an atty, 1) admitted to federal court, to file a suit against a forensic accountant, I have the proof

I have paid for a forensic accounting by Frazier Deeter in GA, and they have discovered MALPRACTICE, & Gross Negligence on the part of the Forensic accountant. The accounting firm is in Alabama. The trustee and trust atty are in Alabama. I also allege that the trustee, has stolen (actutally,... Read more »

Samuel G McKerall
Samuel G McKerall answered on Jan 13, 2018

I'm sure you can find an attorney who will consider taking your case, if you look hard enough and if your case has merit. An attorney can sue the accounting firm, the trustee and the trust attorney. He or she cannot file criminal charges, or even threaten to file criminal charges, and cannot... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in White Collar Crime for Alabama on
Q: I have friend that gave hisCard and pin. Number to the casino gaming and he had 1000 in his account but she took it out

He hired for. Sex and got rooms free for her but he refuses to sign statement andpress charges cause she gave 160 cash back and agreed to pay in time how long does he have if she stops paying they live in alabama

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 30, 2015

This question has gone unanswered because it is confusing and there are not many attorneys who regularly answer questions. This is about a friend who needs legal advice, you do not need it. I think that he is out of luck at this stage, but he could perhaps report a theft, if he had not consented to... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.