Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Foreclosure legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Wisconsin on
Q: My 91yo mother in law was sued & a lien/foreclosure put on her house by a condo assoc. she’s not affiliated with.

Her house has been paid off for about 15 years. Now she has people constantly calling her and coming to her house to “help” her. Is there any recourse she can do?

Matthew McKenna
Matthew McKenna
answered on Mar 14, 2024

I might recommend having her reach out to an attorney that deals with debt related issues. This could be a debt defense, foreclosure defense, consumer protection, or bankruptcy attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Landlord - Tenant for Wisconsin on
Q: I own a house with 7.4 acres. It just went into foreclosure. They gave me 6 months to pay 13,000 . Can I sell 3 acres?

I didn’t borrow this money.. My aunt and uncle did back in 2006 at 14% interest..He has passed.. I am the sole owner on the deed.I missed some payments..And instead of going after the borrower..The bank listed me as responsible for the loan and put my House into foreclosure.She was not even... View More

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 8, 2021

You really need to retain an experienced WI mortgage foreclosure defense and bankruptcy attorney. Selling acreage may or may not be the best option. This is not legal advice, merely ideas and suggestions to discuss with a licensed WI attorney. Good luck.

2 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Municipal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: What would total be on property tax bill w/interest for 8 yrs. on 11hundred a yr not paid (1% mo 12% yr) Vernon Cty, WI

If I hadn't been able to pay my property taxes for 8 yrs (and assuming they haven't foreclosed), at $1,100 a yr, what would the total bill be at the end of 8 years, with interest at 1% a month and 12% a year, in Vernon County WI.?

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn
answered on Nov 24, 2019

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Foreclosure for Wisconsin on
Q: Foreclose hearing set for 4/25/17. Lender has lied to us about loan mod and will not produce the note. What to do?

Last August 2016 we saw discrepancies in our payments being applied. We asked for documentation of payments applied. They lied and on multiple occasions told they were sent to us. We stopped paying, then later they added atty and late fees resulting in large fees being added. Meanwhile they lied... View More

Nathan DeLadurantey
Nathan DeLadurantey
answered on Apr 17, 2017

These situations are very fact specific. I would recommend filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals office, as well as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Otherwise, you will need to hire a lawyer ASAP to fight off the foreclosure.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.