Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wyoming Bankruptcy Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wyoming on
Q: Is theft over $1,000 a misdemeanor or felony

In Wyoming

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Oct 8, 2019

Varies state to state but is a felony in most states.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wyoming on
Q: I included my house in bankruptcy last year, but I’m still living in it. Can I just walk way or could I short sale it?

I did a loan modification after bankruptcy and paid two months but couldn’t pay it anymore. The mortgage company said I can do a short sale. Is it ok for me to try to short sale or should I just walk away?

* There is no equity in the house and a did not take any money when the... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Jun 10, 2019

The answer to this question depends on several unknow factors, such as how much equity there is and whether you took money out when you did the loan modification.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Family Law, Foreclosure and Collections for Wyoming on
Q: Which state hold judgments after family law case is transferred?

I have judgments that originated in NJ 8 years ago as part of my family law case. The case was transferred to WY when the children and I moved here 5 years ago. Since the judgments are part of family action, should interest be accrued using NJ rates for all 8 years, or 3 years with NJ and 5 with... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jun 26, 2018

All eight years interest will accrue pursuant to the judgments issued under New Jersey law.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wyoming on
Q: Do I need a bankruptcy lawyer or are the banks just allowed to keep kicking you while your down for the entire 7 years?

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in Wyoming in 2009 I had a 5 year plan to repay 81K which I was able to pay this off in 3 years and was granted a discharge.

My problem is that I had 2 secured loans and one unsecured with my Credit Union and I had them and the 3 loans listed on my creditors... Read more »

Robert Gambrell
Robert Gambrell answered on May 31, 2015

If the debts were properly listed, the creditors failed to file a proof of claim and you received your discharge, the obligation to pay the debts were discharged. However, the liens on the collateral are still there as bankruptcy discharges debts but does not avoid liens unless you take certain... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wyoming on
Q: How do you know if you need a bankruptcy lawyer?

60 years old, over $10,000 in past due medical bills

Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier answered on Feb 18, 2014

A: If you are a natural person, verses a fictitious (i.e. corp, llc, etc.), you are permitted to represent yourself in court. However, Bky is a VERY COMPLICATED area of law, involving a combination of State Laws and Federal Procedures.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wyoming on
Q: Do the documents from Bankruptcy Court need to be filed separately in the local court in order to prevent foreclosure?
Andrew Bresalier
Andrew Bresalier answered on Feb 18, 2014

A: Once you file the docs in the Fed court, you should put the case number on a Suggestion of Bankruptcy and file it in the State court. Otherwise, they will not know the Bky Stay is in effect.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.