Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Connecticut Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Employment Law for Connecticut on
Q: Do I have a case? I suffered a miscarriage; my healthcare provider refused to provide me with accommodation.

I was in lots of pain leading up to my miscarriage. The healthcare provider didn't look into the cause of pain and when I asked for accommodation after stating I lift heavy at work (50+ pounds at times) I was refused. I worked 12 hour shifts at the warehouse Amazon and every worker is given... Read more »

Todd Kelly
Todd Kelly answered on Jun 2, 2021

It is unlikely that you have a medical malpractice case. However, you may have an employment discrimination case. I do not do that type of case, but would be happy to refer you to a colleague.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Ftom usa ct Can my wife sue in dominican republic for bad cosmetic surgery

She peform surgery cosmetic in dominican rrpublic and now shes sufering and traumatised .

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 29, 2020

Your wife would need to discuss this with an attorney who practices in the Dominican Republic. I'm sorry for her ordeal. Before investing money in exploring the merits of the case, it might be helpful to determine which courts would have jurisdiction over such a matter. I can't speak for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: A new podiatrist just told me that a surgery performed in 2002 was not the full needed procedure, now I need major surg

Dr that did surgery passed me on to pain mgmt when he could not narrow down current problem. I have mobility issues now

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 12, 2018

Generally, that is too far away for the discovery rule but I could be wrong--suggest you contact Mike Koskoff and see what his office says--have your dates ready, what happened when. They give free consults. Feel free to use my name.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Can my doctor refuse to treat my dad at home just because it is too far from him?

My dad is disable and he cannot go to the hospital anymore for check ups. his doctor refused to treat him at home because it is too far from him.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 1, 2017

You can't make a doctor make home visits. Contact visiting nurse and see if they can act as the doctor's eyes. Also if the problem is transportation some dommunity groups may provide that type fo surgery.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: I found out recently that I had potentially unnecessary surgery performed on me as an infant, do I have any recourse?

I've attempted to contact the hospital to request records but apparently they purge all records 10 years after discharge in accordance with CT state law. Not knowing the details of this surgery has major implications on my medical affairs currently. Also, the possibility that the surgeon... Read more »

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Dec 23, 2016

The statue of limitations will be a major hurdle. I don't see any way around it.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Could I sue a hospital or doctor for their poor medical examinations

My father went to the emergency room on September 5 for a swollen foot (diabetic) they took one look and said it was cellulitis. Didn't inspect the foot further even after I had mentioned a pin sized hole in the bottom of his foot. 3 months later and ample doctors later it is now an ulcer on... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 13, 2016

If he has osteomyelitis, perhaps. If not, unlikely, but get a consult from a member of the Ct. Trial Lawyers Assn who handles medical carelessness cases.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Is there any legal action I can take?


I visited an urgent care facility recently and was neglecited for an hour+. I came in with shortness of breathe and a bad cough. I have very bad asthma in the winter. Anways I was registered under the wrong patient cause the intake person made a mistske. The nurse came in and... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 28, 2016

I'm not hearing that anything really bad happened as a result other than the feelings of fear you get when you can't breathe--which aren't nothing but aren't huge in the world of malpractice. The law says you only collect for what happened, not what could have happened. In that... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Business Law and Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Can my firm sue a medical practice for the misdeeds of one of their principal doctors against our firm's CEO?

After our CEO and his wife got into a big fight, a doctor who served as our client's Chairman of the Board, called his Marriage Counselor to obtain confidential information shared during counseling sessions. The doctor then shared that information with the client's CEO. As a result, my... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 21, 2016

Possibly for breach of the fiduciary duty to the corporation. Contact Michael Koskoff would be my suggestion. Feel free to give him my name.

Do not discuss this further on public sites.

All the best.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Can a licensed esthetician in the state of CT operate a Class 2 laser medical device such as an IPL

If a licensed esthetician DOES practice with a Class 2 medical device, are there any legal consequences that may come about?

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

Call the department of health - or search online for the department of health regulations.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Received a tubal ligation with out informed concent is this malpractice? I was brought a c section consent only

My mom inquired with the doctor with out my knowledge I'm 27 and want more kids. No consent form was ever read to me nor brought to me I thought I was only giving the consent for my c section. I never mentioned to anyone I wanted it and didn't go to the proper counciling

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts answered on Aug 14, 2016

It might possibly be a medical malpractice on the theory of lack of informed consult. You should consult with a medical malpractice attorney who can gather the records and have an expert review them. Of particular importance will be the consent form - the actual language on the document you signed.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Attempted suicide after release - is this a malpractice case?

Mom has past suicide attempts, she was recently admitted by police custody to the psychiatric unit of a local hospital after her Mother died which gave her a 72 hour hold, daughter was notified she would be released, after family (I have POA and only immediate family member) spoke to doctor who... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Sep 11, 2015

Best to talk to a local lawyer, who can review the details more closely and advise. Don't delay, as there are strict time limits for making legal claims.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.