Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Nevada on
Q: Can my dentist bill me for amount insurance is claiming not covered after I signed a comp. screen agreeing to a price

I signed an I pad agreeing to pay a certain amount and now I have received a bill in the mail 6 months later for $400 they are claiming the insurance didn't cover. Do I have any legal ground to refuse to pay and how do I go forward?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 8, 2019

I would have liked to offer a more unequivocal "yes" or "no" response here, but it is difficult to offer a definite answer without knowing the full terms of any agreements or paperwork/screens you signed, and the nature of the denial. Terms and conditions imposed by the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Nevada on
Q: Medical provider gave Personal Health Info to at fault party insurer. Does this violate patient privilege in Nevada ?

Following a car accident our health care provider released all of our family's medical records, including 3rd party medical records /3 people/ to the at fault party's insurance company. accident was december 2016/ potential hipaa violation / privilege violation was less than 90 days ago

Kevin Christopher Murphy
Kevin Christopher Murphy answered on Mar 1, 2018

Yes, if there was an over broad production that didn't involve anyone in the accident and/or protected info. You can report the provider to the Medical Board and pursue a HIPAA violation claim but those are very difficult cases. Good luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Nevada on
Q: Can a doctor do a pregnancy test on a 11 year old without a parents knowledge or consent in Nevada?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 12, 2018

I can't speak for Nevada but as a general prinicpal the doctor may only do that which they are authorized to do by the patient or if a minor by the parents.

However when it comes to examination only (and non-invasive tests) Title X funding says no consent required for teens....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Criminal Law and Medical Malpractice for Nevada on
Q: I just wrote everything that happened to me and it disappeared. I don't have the energy left for this. A victiof assault

Can't write everything over. I need counsel and it appears I am a victim from the crime and the system. I am in the protected class and disabled and what was done to me is a Federal Hate Crime! I am traumatized in need of crisis intervention and an attorney. Where is my legal representation as... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 3, 2017

Contact the Nevada Civil Liberties Union--they may have a "cooperating attorney" who can figure out if you have a claim.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Health Care Law for Nevada on
Q: Myself and others were recently illegally detained in a mental health hospital. Can this be a pro bono case?

The staff would try to illicit emotional responses by waking us all night, misdiagnosing us, throwing out accusations of substance abuse and attempting to bring us to mental health court with no legal grounds.

Marshall Jason Ray
Marshall Jason Ray answered on May 21, 2016

Any case can be a pro bono case if you find an attorney willing to do the case for free. If you believe you have a viable lawsuit for money damages, you do not necessarily need a pro bono lawyer. Many lawyers will give free consultations, and if they assess that you have a good case they will... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.