Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Leonard D. Harden
2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Hampshire on
Q: If an officer requires a breathalyzer,i refuse,hes says dui,2 secs later i agree can he refuse?New Hampshire.

He asked for the breathalyzer an hour after arrest at precinct.Then wrote in report methadone,prescribed.Resulted from break down on the highway.Literally 2 secs after refused breathalyzer i agreed to it.The Sargent said it had been too long since the arrest.If thats the case why adminester one an... Read more »

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Aug 4, 2019

There is a case in NH that permits a chemical test to be admitted 2 hours after driving. The circumstances of request to test are important and make a difference. If advised of ALS rights, then the issue becomes was the rescission reasonable.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for New Hampshire on
Q: What actions do I take? MOTION? To Vacate, for Dismissal, A Continuance... and to which relevant reasoning, under each?

My fiance was charged and arrested for Reckless Conduct-Deadly Weapon, his motorcycle. He missed the hearing on June 6th and when he was arrested for the non appearance, they set bail conditions and supervision check ins but never issued another date to answer to the claims and allegations of... Read more »

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Jul 22, 2019

The Court and the NH DMVar e completely separate entities. NH DMV has statutory authorities and administative rules that control. The hearing at the DMV does not require nor depend on a criminal case.

It also seems like the court cleared the default and a new date will be set....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: What sentence would you receive if convicted of class b felony for forgery?
Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Jun 6, 2019

It depends on many factors. There is no sentence that is imposed on a forgery conviction. The maximum for a class B felony is 3.5 to 7 years and a $4,000 fine. The minimum is nothing. Factors that are important include: criminal history, type of forgery, amount of loss, restitution paid in... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Hampshire on
Q: Is normal to be given 2 complaint slips? One for aggravated dui and claimed I eluded the officer, the other just a dui?

I saw a cop turn around and was nervous, he did not have his blues on. I pulled down a side street and parked in a random driveway. He then pulled up put his blues on and arrested me for dui after a field test.. but is trying to charge me for aggravated dui for eluding him, but why would he hand me... Read more »

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Jun 4, 2019

The charges are in the alternative. This means that the state may seek the enhanced penalty that an aggravated DWI carries if they prove the eluding. As a fall back the state can rely on the the DWI 1st offense.

It is important that you talk with a qualified DWI attorney ASAP. You have...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.