Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Valerie Kraml
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for California on
Q: If, I plan on suing a person or the City, do I have to give them notice that I am going to file siut against them?
Valerie Kraml
Valerie Kraml
answered on Mar 29, 2018

It depends. If you are going to file against a City or County, then you typically have to give them notice and it must be done within a certain time frame (and its not very long) and in must be in a certain format. In terms of suing a person, it depends on the person and what you are suing for.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for California on
Q: Hi, my ex-husband & I split when our daughter was 2.5 We used a mediator and custody was split- 40% to him,60% to me.

& he was ordered to pay $400 per month. She is now 12 and has lived with me 100% and he has paid ZERO. What can I do? Have him subpoenad for a child support hearing? He thinks/says he will destroy me in court. No merit to that. He has an active warrant for his arrest for a DUI from 2015. We are... View More

Valerie Kraml
Valerie Kraml
answered on Mar 29, 2018

You can file a Request to Modify Support and Visitation, and also bring in the Dept of Child Support Services (they normally coordinate guideline support payments upon delegation of the court). That will help you get an increase in support from the date of filing into the future. There are... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Family Law for California on
Q: my girlfriend split up after having a baby,where do i get a blood test for confirmation?

She wont let me see the baby. Not even for a hug. Im a very loving, family orientated newtime father who would love to see my baby girl. Ive started looking into legal aid for sonoma county and found (a lot )of help. So many wonderful people. I just wish and hope for a outlet when it comes to... View More

Valerie Kraml
Valerie Kraml
answered on Mar 29, 2018

If there is a restraining order in place, then make sure you do nothing to violate those terms. Violating the restraining order will not support your efforts to be more present in the child's life.

If you believe you are the father of the child, you can file a petition in family...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.