Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael Jay Berger
3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on
Q: Hello, my name is Raz, i dont know i am on right place or but i need some legal advice. My home is about to foreclose

Can i file chapter 13 to avoide forclose and make a payment plan whats the impact of my credit report and how soon i can get stay order because its less then 10 days left.

And can you help me out for filling bankruptcy

I need your reply as soo. As u can.

I previously filed... Read more »

Michael Jay Berger
Michael Jay Berger answered on Jul 3, 2019

Dear Raz:

Yes, filing Ch 13 will stop a foreclosure and allow you to set up a payment plan. I can help you to determine if Ch 13 is right for you. Call me @ 310-271-6223.

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on
Q: I filed bankruptcy in Pro per, I now need to find a attorney to help me as I now have a adversarial filing within case

In searching for an attorney I am being turned down because the advasary has consulted with so far 8 out of 10 I have contacted. Is this legal?!? I find this crazy that I am having this much trouble finding and attorney!?

Michael Jay Berger
Michael Jay Berger answered on Jul 12, 2018

It is legal to consult with attorneys and it is legal for an attorney to refuse to take a case. If your case was filed in the Central District of California, feel free to call me for a free consultation. 310-271-6223. My typical retainer for defense of an adversary proceeding is $10,000.00.

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on
Q: If I filed for bankruptcy on my own does that give the creditors the right to still call me?
Michael Jay Berger
Michael Jay Berger answered on Jul 10, 2018

The automatic stay 11 US.C. Section 362 prevents all creditors from taking any action to collect a claim against you.

If a creditor calls you, inform the creditor of the bankruptcy filing, give the creditor the case number, and tell the creditor to never call you again.

The only...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.