Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Nazanin Ghazi
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: Is it Illegal to print up a fake DNA results paper that says a made-up person is the father
Nazanin Ghazi
Nazanin Ghazi answered on May 14, 2019

I think it is fair to assume that whenever a fake anything is presented to represent something that is otherwise false, there might be both civil and criminal consequences. Of course additional information would be helpful to better answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: What form do I fill out to change my last name on all my court documents for my Family Law case in CA?

I am doing a modification for Child Custody and have remarried since the last time we went to court. I want my court documents and the judge to address me by my current last name instead of my ex-husband’s.

Nazanin Ghazi
Nazanin Ghazi answered on Apr 11, 2019

The option to change your last name and to go back to using your maiden name was given to you when the divorce proceeding had started. You might want to take a look at your final judgment documents to see if this was already ordered by the court. If it was, then there is nothing for you to do. If... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for North Carolina on
Q: I'm US citizen. My spouse is in the US with valid I94. If we file I-130, is it safe to travel outside for 2 weeks?

My spouse get tourist visa before we've got married 4 years ago, and was visiting the US about 5 times since that, never work in US and never over stay. The visa is still good for the next 5 years. Is there anything else what could create an issue to reenter US after I-130 is filed? Is it... Read more »

Nazanin Ghazi
Nazanin Ghazi answered on Apr 11, 2019

Unless your husband has a currently valid visa allowing him to re-enter, the answer is probably no. Additional information is needed to give you a solid answer. To be safe, it is best to consult with an immigration attorney where you provide all the details of the case, before he leaves the US in... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for California on
Q: My mother has been in the U.S. for over 25 years undocumented. What are her odds of becoming a resident?

She gave birth to me in the U.S. and I'm now over 21. She was issued an old state ID which is now expired and is unsure as to where she stands.

Nazanin Ghazi
Nazanin Ghazi answered on Apr 10, 2019

I strongly recommend you speak to an Immigration attorney as soon as possible so that he/she can discuss the specifics of your case and explain how you can help her obtain lawful residency here. There are definitely options available as you are a US Citizen and over the age of 21. But you'd... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Immigration Law for California on
Q: F1 Masters student. I was offered a contract job as a dietitian. Can I take on this job?

This job is hiring me as a contract dietitian, it doesn't require EAD, just SSN, which I have. I cannot apply for CPT right now because I am not enrolled in an internship class. Can I still take on this job and receive income? If so, what form (w8?) should I be filling out?

Nazanin Ghazi
Nazanin Ghazi answered on Mar 29, 2019

F-1 students may not work off-campus during the first academic year, but are able to accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions. After the first academic year, F-1 students may engage in three types of off-campus employment:

1. Curricular Practical Training...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.