Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Martin A. Delaney III
2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Illinois on
Q: wife want to split frm me & she is say take alimony & child support, i not been wrnkg 4 2 mnth she want house 2 go 4cls

The house has equity but the womens help group tells her to let it go in foreclosure then they will help her out she is mad that i dont have a job but she does not want to get one herself or drop out of school she is ranking up crt crd bills and i dont know those crs are in her name not sure what... Read more »

Martin A. Delaney III
Martin A. Delaney III answered on Jul 7, 2019

Each parent has a presumed right to see his or her children, and that right can only be restricted by the court upon proper petition. Financial issues can be addressed only generally give the lack of information. Whether to let the house go into foreclosure will depend an examination of the marital... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.